Senior User Experience Designer
Fiix has a big goal – to create a more sustainable world. Sounds lofty right? Our mission is to make every maintenance team successful by enabling the adoption of a CMMS and we’re off to a great start. Teams that are part of the world’s most well known brands (like Toyota, Siemens, and Sara Lee) manage their maintenance activities and achieve greater results with Fiix. But we’re not stopping there. Our team is growing by leaps and bounds and we’re conquering new challenges every day. We’re looking for big thinkers with small egos to join us on our journey to create a more sustainable world.
Why we do it?
We’re a team of market disrupting, like-minded individuals. We all do things our own way, but we come together each and every day to create and deliver the long awaited answer to an antiquated industry – and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it.
We’re looking for a Senior User Experience (UX) Designer to help take Fiix’s explosive growth to a whole new level. We think most software is too complex, with too many features and promises. We're on a mission to change that — to build truly superior software that changes the way people work. We need an experienced Senior UX designer who knows that the best designed software products are grounded in an understanding of the needs of the people who use them.
Fiix has a big goal — to create a more sustainable world. Sounds lofty right? Our mission is to make every maintenance team successful by enabling the adoption of a CMMS, and we’re off to a great start. Teams that are part of the world’s most well-known brands (like Kraft Heinz, Siemens, and MolsonCoors) manage their maintenance activities and achieve greater results with Fiix. But we’re not stopping there. Our team is growing by leaps and bounds and we’re conquering new challenges every day. We’re looking for big thinkers with small egos to join us on our journey to create a more sustainable world.
Why we do it?
We’re a team of market-disrupting, like-minded individuals. We all do things our own way, but we come together each and every day to create and deliver the long-awaited answer to an antiquated industry — and we have a lot of fun while we’re at it. We work in a great space in downtown Toronto, where we build awesome software and have fun.
What You Will Do:
- Play a key role in shaping the Fiix user experience
- Advocate for users, lead by example, and contribute to building a strong UX practice
- Bring a user-centered lens to the work you do, across multiple stages of our product design and development process
- Plan and facilitate discovery, user research, ideation, and testing sessions
- Rapidly create designs — and iterate on them — to explore, refine, and test solutions
- Raise the bar for the quality of our work through testing, feedback, and critique — and by incorporating insights from these into your work
- Learn from a diverse team and share your knowledge with other designers, to support team learning and professional growth
- Successfully prioritize your work and balance the needs of multiple projects, using a goal-oriented approach
- Deeply understand both user needs and product capabilities, to deliver a great experience
- Capture our knowledge of users and communicate actionable insights through tools like personas and user journey maps
- Work closely with UX and visual designers, developers, product managers, SMEs, and stakeholders as we design, build, and deliver the Fiix CMMS
What We're Looking for:
- Has strong, demonstrable, professional experience in a UX-focused role — shaping digital solutions across all stages of the design process, using an iterative approach, as part of a cross-functional team
- Is comfortable and confident designing at a company where we’re laying the foundations of our UX practice
- Is motivated, proactive, and knows how to hit the ground running
- Makes design decisions informed by evidence, empathy, data, and a clear sense of priorities
- Moves quickly into sketching, wireframing, or prototyping (as needed), to articulate early ideas and test designs
- Thinks in terms of the big picture but consistently delivers on the details — balancing UX strategy and ambition with tactical execution and pragmatism
- Has demonstrable experience applying user-centered design (UCD) and interaction design principles; planning and conducting user research; rapid prototyping; heuristic analysis; and designing with both usability and accessibility in mind
- Balances viability, desirability, and feasibility when making design decisions and recommendations
- Brings strong expertise defining the information architecture (IA) for digital products — and understands how clear IA enables user adoption and ease of use
- Has led usability & concept testing, and makes informed decisions on what approach to use when testing solutions
- Has demonstrable experience synthesizing user research and translating actionable insights into designs
- Thinks and works at a team level — we’re looking for a strong cross-functional collaborator who’s comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Clearly communicates design approaches, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders
- Has the emotional intelligence and situational awareness needed to effectively lead facilitated design sessions, present their work, understand and manage trade-offs, and persuade others when needed
- Some of the design tools you’re proficient at using: Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision
At Fiix, we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. Diversity of thought and skills combined with passion is a key to innovation and excellence. Therefore, we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require accommodations during the interview process.