Are you up for the challenge of solving real-world problems for our small business customers? At our core, Ruby is customer-centric which makes us an amazing place to work as a UX professional.
You’re experienced working with cross-functional teams and know how to use feedback to iterate your work to the next level. You know that a stand-out designer is one who values the needs of users and balances those needs with business goals and technical feasibility.
You have a passion for solving complex design challenges while delivering engaging, digital products. Ideas come together through collaboration, research insights, and building prototypes to bring those ideas to life.
Our team values the opinions of our customers and feel lucky to have direct and unfettered access to both internal and external end users for all of our products. The UX team is responsible for the full life cycle of design, from concept creation, design ideation, research, right through to providing wireframes and assets for the development team.
This position can be located in our Headquarters office in downtown Portland or in our satellite Scottsdale, AZ office and reports to the Director of UX.
What You’ll Be Accountable for
- Create interaction design patterns for our customer-facing native apps, web apps, and our core internal applications.
- Translate the Ruby Brand into the design direction, standards and patterns for all of our internal and customer-facing applications.
- Work as part of a cross functional team that includes Product, other designers, Development, QA, stakeholders, and end users.
- Participate in designing and conducting user research to see firsthand how people respond to our designs.
Your Work DNA
- You are a hands-on visionary, able to create mock ups, and prototypes, as well as help set the UX design standards and patterns that embody the Ruby core values.
- You have a passion for using the most suitable design patterns and want to explore design systems.
- You see the value in input from all parts of the organization and recognize that good ideas come from all over a company.
- You can explain good user experience practices as well as share the reasoning behind design decisions.
- You are inspired by the idea of WOW-worthy experiences.
- You relish making a positive difference in how easy it is for someone to do their job.
- You’re passionate about keeping up with technology, design tools and design trends.
- A BA/BS. Preferably in UX Design, Information Design, Interaction Design, Human Factors or related field.
- 3-5 years of experience in UX design
- An online portfolio that makes us go, “Wow!”. Examples should demonstrate your ability to solve complex design problems and highlight your interaction design skills.
- Experience designing web and mobile applications.
- Some experience conducting and analyzing usability and user research.
- Responsive Design experience.
- Experience collaborating with developers in a way that is consistent with the Agile/Scrum practices.
Work takes place in an open office setting. It requires the ability to sit and work at a computer for extended periods of time and communicate effectively with a diverse audience in person, by phone and by computer. This position requires the ability to lift, push, and carry up to 10 lbs. This position may travel between office sites occasionally.