Junior UI/UX Designer
Wi5 is an Order & Pay solution for restaurants, bars and coffee shops that enables customers to use their mobiles to easily place and pay for orders. Wi5 supports both Order-To-Table and Click & Collect, plus Pay-At-Table.
Menus are presented directly in our web application, so there’s no need to download an app.
By removing all friction and frustration from the process, Wi5 gets more people ordering and paying on mobile. The result? Enhanced customer experience improved operational efficiency and an increase in sales.
Culture & Values
- We generate positive impact at scale.
- We’re looking for bold, confident, friendly and positive people that will bring enthusiasm and passion to work each day.
- We prioritise, whilst always striving for ‘as soon as possible’.
- We encourage responsibility and autonomy.
- We’re incredibly supportive of one another, always mindful to show integrity and respect.
- We’re sociable and looking for people who’ll become active members of our community.
Roles & Responsibilities
- The rapid production of high-fidelity prototypes, through the customisation of any of our core Products, to be true to the Brand of each of our business customers, up to a handful per week.
- Gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with our Product and Engineering teams, including the adjustment of specs and deliverables to meet product requirements and limitations.
- Illustrating design ideas using storyboards, process flows, user journeys and personas.
- Working with the Product, Engineering and Delivery teams to bring new product features to life
- Working closely to and receive mentoring from our (external) Senior UI/UX designer
- Sometimes working as a UX Researcher and utilise a variety of testing techniques to inform and validate the direction of your design.
- Keep abreast of competitors’ products and industry trends.
Skills & Experience
- Demonstrable work experience as a UI/UX Designer.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills make you adept at working to tight deadlines.
- Passionate about all things design, with the ability to demonstrate this through your work and when communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Constantly looking to hone your design instinct through user feedback, whether through hands-on user research or designing options for multi-variant testing.
- Proficient in industry-standard tools for producing designs, assets and clickable prototypes; including Sketch and Principle.
- Fluent in current UX best practice and usability principles, interaction and UI design trends.
- Good understanding of front-end development to inform high quality, implementable solutions. B. Programming skills are not a requirement, but certainly beneficial.
- Confident in presenting and promoting your ideas, thinking and design processes to a wider team, both across Product and Engineering, even with strong-willed and fast-paced teams