Director of UX
At SecurityScorecard, we are revolutionizing the cybersecurity industry with our platform, data, and insights. We’ve built a new category of enterprise software, which enables companies to rate and understand the security risk of any company. Our customers span a variety of sectors and use cases, including compliance, cyber insurance, and vendor risk management. We are proud to be backed by Sequoia, Google Ventures, and Moody's.
SecurityScorecard is growing tremendously, and we're looking for a talented design leader to take design at SecurityScorecard to the next level. This is a player-coach role that will focus on building and developing the Product Design org, advocating for design to Engineering, Product and Executive stakeholders, and contributing as an individual to one product team.
What makes a successful Scorecarder? Your skills are of course key, but your attitude is equally important. As a Scorecarder, you will commit to working and having fun in a way that exemplifies our S(CORE) values.
As individuals and as a community, we are Solutions Focused, Customer Centric, and operate as One Team. We are Resilient and Embody #SecurityDNA to practice what we preach.
If these values resonate, we'd love to hear from you!
- Mentor existing Product Designers and build a distributed design org through hiring and team development
- Coach team to ship best-in-class product designs
- Advocate for design in the organization by role modeling design thinking, building relationships and educating Product, Engineering and Executive team
- Collaborate with Engineering and Product to continually define and further our UX vision, strategy and processes
- Lead design reviews and bring forward inspiring ideas to the team
- Step in an individual contributor for one engineering squad
- Effectively document and communicate product design intent using various techniques—e.g. wireframes, high-fidelity mock-ups, user workflows
- Conduct or manage customer research to further articulate design POV and intent
Apply if the following sounds like you!
- 8+ years of UX and Design experience, primarily in B2B SaaS
- 5+ years of leading designers
- A bachelor's or master's degree in design, related field or equivalent work experience as a designer
- Proven user-centric design skills, understanding the story behind interaction design
- Proven leadership in product design as it pertains to end-to-end design planning and execution
- Experience in field studies, usability tests, customer reviews, and other user-centered research methodologies
- Experience with data visualization principles and practices. Talk Tufte.
- Experience partnering with highly technical cross functional teams, and making decisions without total consensus
- Clear, simple, and effective communication style; ability to advocate for the best ideas and designs
- Passionate and resilient
SecurityScorecard embraces diversity. We believe that our team is strengthened through hiring and retaining employees with diverse backgrounds, skillsets, ideas, and perspectives. We make hiring decisions based upon merit and do not discriminate based on race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.