Senior Product Designer
The Predictive Index
The Predictive Index—the talent optimization leader—is an award-winning best place to work (Inc., Glassdoor, Boston Business Journal, The Boston Globe).
Our mission is “Better work, better world," and we take great pride in PI’s power to supercharge workplace relationships and culture to achieve the unthinkable. We’re our own best case study! You’ll be working toward a mission that inspires you, and you’ll be surrounded by fun, smart, driven people day in and day out.
There’s a reason more than 8,000 companies—including Nissan, Citizens Bank, Drift, Subway, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Docusign, and Omni Hotels—trust PI to help them hire top talent, design winning teams, and develop leaders at every level. Come discover how we empower our clients to solve their biggest challenges and make their business dreams come true.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer who thrives on solving difficult business problems. You will be embedded in a cross-functional team as the design lead and advocate for an intuitive user experience. You will actively participate in the entire lifecycle of a solution, driving the design process from discovery to delivery.You will facilitate alignment sessions, present and get feedback from executives and users, and make a material impact on the software and help shape the design process.
You have a growth mindset and are comfortable taking on the unknown. You are a practical professional who can make and articulate the necessary tradeoffs that balance user needs with business objectives and technical constraints. You value collaboration and learnings and are eager to get your solutions in the hands of the users. You measure your success by the user and business impact you’re making over design perfection.
- Lead design sessions with product managers, learning designers and relevant technical and business leaders
- Design end-to-end, user-centered design artifacts that communicate the problem and solution via experience maps, wireflows, mockups, and invision prototypes
- Document and communicate design specifications with an appropriate amount of detail
- Participate and contribute in cross-functional team ceremonies - standups, planning, reviews and retrospective
- Partner with Product Managers to strategize on product roadmap and prioritization
- Partner with User Research to conduct external validation of designs
- Review and assess the state of experience using product use data, customer support data and in-product feedback data
- Contribute to Product Design team’s identity by championing and refining team’s principles, process, and design patterns
- Participate in (and lead when assigned) product design team ceremonies such as weekly check-ins, team updates, design critiques and offsites.
SHOULD YOU APPLY?
If you’ve got all the below skills, drop what you’re doing right now and reach out. If you’ve got some of these skills, we still want to hear from you!
- 3+ years of experience as a UX designer or equivalent required. SAAS experience preferred.
- Mastery in Interaction Design and Information Architecture
- Proficiency in Visual Design
- Experience facilitating design sessions with non-designers such as experience mapping service design blueprinting or design sprints
- Experience with Lean UX methodologies such as rapid prototyping, scrappy research
- Experience with design and collaboration tools such as Sketch, FIGMA, Miro, InvisionApp
- Background in relevant fields of experience design (Graphic Design, HCI, Human Factors, or equivalent) required, but we consider both education and experience.
Just as our employees are threads in the cultural fabric of PI, THREADS is our framework for understanding our core values.
Teamwork: Focus on the “we,” not the “me.”
Honesty: Follow your moral compass.
Reliability: Be someone others can count on.
Energy: Be balanced, be energized.
Action: Errors of action are better than errors of inaction. Be brave.
Drive: Own it.
Scope: Don't try to boil the ocean.
The Predictive Index participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet-based system that compares information from an employee's Form I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification, to data from U.S. Department of Homeland Security and Social Security Administration records to confirm employment eligibility.
The Predictive Index is an Equal Opportunity Employer.