Senior Product Designer
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 53 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. Nearly 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,300 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Product Design team is responsible for creating core learning experiences for our consumer, enterprise and university partner customers. The Growth & Consumer (monetization) product design team focuses on creating value for our diverse customer base across a global ecosystem. We create experiences to acquire new customers, meet the customers where they are in their career path and learning curve, and help them discover our various learning offerings, as well as define the strategies for our customer growth and revenue models.
Our team works closely with Product, Engineering, Research, Data, Consumer Marketing, Brand & Creative. We are focused on product-led Growth leveraging new, strategic ways to connect our customers with the core value proposition with online learning. Experimentation and working across a portfolio of big bets and optimizations is core to our approach in creating sustainable, scalable growth models across our various target audiences.
We are looking for the Growth & Consumer team’s lead product designer. This is a full-time position based out of our Mountain View, CA office and we are open to working remotely within a reasonable time zone difference.
REQUIRED: Portfolio featuring examples of UX design, interaction design work case studies, and any examples of product design for growth is highly valuable (please link a personal website or portfolio below).
- Define the vision and strategy for big bet growth ideas -work through the initial phases of the product design experience, mapping business and customer needs
- Create scalable user experiences across platforms that drive business growth
- Plan and articulate design experiments to help create an iterative approach to product-led growth design
- Employ effective use of qualitative and quantitative (metrics/ data) insights to inform design decisions
- Collaborate with research to utilize qualitative research methods
- Influence design decisions with cross-functional stakeholders and advocate for the customer
- Lead by example, coach less experienced designers on best practices for UX design, design critiques, documentation, planning and presenting
- Balance prioritization and delivery across multiple projects in a strategic design lead capacity
- Be an active member of the design org, evangelizing the potential of design thinking and raising the bar for the quality of design
- 7+ years experience as a UX (User-Experience Designer)/ Product Designer
- Experience in a test-driven environment (A/B testing) to help inform design direction
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners PMs, engineering, other designers, and execs
- Experience building new consumer product offerings, and conducting user research to inform MVP definition and development
- Core UX design skills including facilitating design sprints, use of design solving frameworks, creating user flow, defining IA, creating wireframes, prototyping
- Ability to work with a content strategist and understand the significance of positioning, messaging and voice in creating compelling, globally scalable, locally relevant growth customer experiences
- Comfort using Figma, Sketch, Invision and Miro
- Hybrid skill set across the design capabilities from UX design to visual design
- Experience designing for subscription products and products for a global audience, cultural sensitivity, global EQ/ IQ
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, please contact us at email@example.com.
Please review our CCPA Applicant Notice here.