Senior User Experience Researcher
Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
Trainline is an innovative, tech business with a mission to bring together the world’s rail, coach and other travel services into one simple experience. We aim to make travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices. We’re hugely proud to be the world’s leading independent rail and coach travel platform and rank among the highest-rated travel and ticketing apps globally. Today, we offer our customers travel to thousands of destinations in and across 45 countries in Europe and beyond. That’s more than £3.7 billion in ticket sales annually, and over 96 million visits to our apps and websites each month. In another major milestone, last summer Trainline listed on the London Stock Exchange and is now part of the FTSE 250.
Our culture is central to our success. We’re driven to sustain our phenomenal growth from recent years, and this means we’re always working closely and collaboratively to turn our ideas into reality. It’s this sense of pace, innovating and improving pretty much everything we do, that makes Trainline so exciting and unique - we truly believe our work has a genuine impact and will change travel for the better.
We are looking for a Senior UX Researcher to support our Product & Consumer Research team on some key initiatives, initially on a 6 month assignment. You will represent the voice of the customer and collaborate with the Product and Growth teams to gather user insights and channel these into our marketing and product development process.
You’ll be involved at every stage of product development from generative research to understand the problems and unmet needs our customers have, through to evaluative research on new concepts and live products.
Supporting a small research team in a lean product organization, you will be confident on executing challenging research briefs and leading complex qualitative data collection and analysis, and expert at synthesising and landing these insights in powerful, memorable ways across the organisation.
- Execute on the user research strategy
- Identifying the right research objectives, choosing appropriate research methods including making use of relevant existing insights
- Carrying out generative research – being creative with remote and online methods, leading clear and confident analysis of qualitative data into powerful formats for storytelling and impact across the organisation
- Carrying out evaluative research – moderated usability testing across devices, minimising bias and sharing rapid and actionable findings and recommendations widely
- Coaching others with research – mentoring other researchers, and helping designers, copywriters and others carry out their own research through consultation and training
- Coordinating with third-party research vendors, such as recruitment agencies, interpreters, and research agencies, as necessary
- Ensuring that insights are widely shared and accessible to the business
Knowledge & Experience
- In-depth understanding of user-centered design principles and UX best practices
- Experience working alongside UX design, product and marketing teams
- Wide experience with a variety of design and product research methodologies
- Experience partnering Product Teams within Lean/Agile frameworks
- Expert in leading complex qualitative data collection and analysis
- Curiosity and passion for building amazing products that people love, not just conducting research
- Advanced French language skills are a bonus
- Degree in Social Science, HCI, Cognitive Psychology or similar areas are useful, but rich on-the-job experience will be considered too
We value open expression at Trainline, we believe it’s the diversity of experience, backgrounds and perspectives of our employees that makes us who we are. We encourage everybody to play a part in changing the way people travel across the world.