Head of Research
letgo is the biggest and fastest growing app to buy and sell locally, with over 100M downloads and 400M listings worldwide since launching in 2015. The marketplace is filled with everything from electronics, cars and collectibles to housing, clothing and furniture. With innovative features like letgo Reveal and video listings, the free app makes it easy to list what you don’t need and find great deals nearby on anything you do. Listing something is as simple as taking a photo because letgo’s technology automatically suggests a title, price and category. letgo was founded by Alec Oxenford, Jordi Castello and Enrique Linares. Business Insider calls it “the go-to app for selling your stuff,” and it has attracted similar attention from The New York Times, The Today Show, Fast Company, The Wall Street Journal, Fortune and others worldwide.
Based in our New York, Barcelona, & Istanbul offices, our team of around 300 represents 40 nationalities. Fueled by our diverse expertise, letgo's goal is to build the largest marketplace of its kind. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about creating something impactful that our users love, and who are excited by the challenge. letgo is an environment where you can learn and grow. We offer an opportunity to build world-class technology, innovate, experiment and work autonomously, alongside other bright minds. For more information, visit letgo.com and download the app for Android and iOS.
The Research team at letgo represents the interests of our users on everything we do, and influences strategy, marketing and product decisions with rich human insights that improve our users’ experiences, and ultimately, their lives. We are looking for an independent, self-motivated, data driven Head of Research who thrives in fast-paced ever changing environments, and wants to impact not only what we build, but how we do it.
We’ve built a company for people who want to do impactful work, surrounded by great people. We have a well-defined, mature culture — and we’re always making it better.
- Lead the research function at letgo, and support all areas of the organization, including product via UX Research capabilities and vendor partners.
- Build a research learning plan that aligns with business priorities and product roadmaps.
- Define clear business questions and a research plan to answer them. At letgo, researchers don’t wait for questions to come, but are part of a team and helps define them.
- Drive and uncover insights from our measurement and tracking of key metrics such as brand health, customer satisfaction, etc.
- Continuously support the research team in building foundational user understanding (i.e. Segmentation, personas, journey maps, etc.)
- Partner with business intelligence to uncover what we already know through our users’ behaviors, support research needs, or validate research findings.
- Design and execute quantitative and qualitative research studies, resulting in clear insights and recommendations that support business strategy, marketing, and product.
- Identify new research methodologies, partners, tools, and best practices to support the overall research discipline and help it scale.
- Collaborate closely with other researchers, marketing managers, BI Analysts, and Business Owners, to ensure users are a core component in every part of the business.
- Synthesize and share user insights in an engaging way, bringing the user to life and building empathy across the organization.
- Manage the research budget, OKR’s.
To get there, you’ll need:
- Degree in Marketing, Psychology, Social Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in a research setting, especially 3 to 5 years of experience in market research, particularly with survey-based quantitative research
- Experienced in leading survey-related research (e.g., questionnaires, advanced sampling and weighting strategies)
- Experienced in using Qualtrics and Tableau, also knowhow for analysis tools (SPSS, R, Python) is nice to have. Experienced in running a variety of quantitative and qualitative methodologies, bridging the gap between quantitative and qualitative data streams and working with respondent or user-level data
- Able to provide structure and rigor to ambiguous problems
- Excellent oral and written communication, and comfortable sharing information with team members at all levels of the organization including top management.
- Able to lead projects involving cross-functional teams
- Availability to travel as needed.
- Prior experience in startups, mobile apps a plus
- Prior experience with UX Research a plus
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance
- Transportation allowance and lunch card
- Team-building activities
- An amazing online training platform to improve your professional skills
letgo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to letgo's values. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.