Senior UI Artist
Build amazing experiences in Halo Infinite, connect players across platforms in Minecraft, unleash your creativity on original IP or think strategy with Magic: The Gathering Arena. SkyBox Labs is a game development studio that works on some of the world’s most iconic games. Our current projects include working as a co-developer on Halo Infinite, projects in the Minecraft Universe, supporting the development of Magic: The Gathering Arena, and original title, Stela. As one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing game studios, since our inception in 2011, SkyBox Labs has evolved from a group of 8 people developing independent projects to a team of over 200 engineers, artists, designers, producers, and more.
SkyBox Labs is looking for a talented and passionate Senior UI Artist to join our Halo team! Working collaboratively with a team of artists and designers, you will be responsible for creating high-quality interfaces that result in a world-class user experience for players. We are looking for someone with a good understanding of visual and UX design for games, but whose true skills and passion lie in art. Come put your talent to work on this legendary AAA franchise!
- Design, implement and optimize exceptional UI art assets for Halo Infinite
- Work with the UI Art Lead to help define the look and feel of the game's user interface
- Integrate assets using proprietary UI toolset and game engine
- Build wireframes and high-fidelity mockups and prototypes
- Work collaboratively with UX designers to ensure we're creating an intuitive and compelling user experience
- Communicate effectively with both internal team members and our external partners
- Work closely with production, engineering and design to come up with solutions for complex UI challenges
- 5+ years of AAA game development experience working in a UI art/visual design position
- Experience shipping at least one title on PC/console
- Strong understanding of UX design for games
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and After Effects
- Experience working with 3D software such as Maya, 3DS Max or Cinema 4D
- Strong technical skills and ability to easily pick up new software and technologies
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to iterate quickly to determine the best solutions for UI and visual design
- Able to work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Post-secondary education in graphic design or a related field
- Experience mentoring/leading a team
Along with your resume, we ask that you please provide an up-to-date portfolio that demonstrates your UI art skills.
A Culture of Empowerment, Collaboration and Personal Growth
Our studio’s success can be attributed to our culture of empowerment, collaboration and personal growth. We employ a flat structure where all team members are heard, respected and trusted. We encourage knowledge sharing and personal growth through our many Lunch & Learns and frequent feedback. This culture is underscored by our strong commitment to work-life balance.
One major thing that we’re proud of is that we’ve been able to grow a 200 person studio while cultivating an inclusive grassroots culture. We value our team members’ various backgrounds, hobbies, skills, and interests and this is demonstrated through our broad spectrum of social clubs: Join our soccer team, fitness group, potluck club, or one of our many D&D groups - you can even start your own!
Work During COVID-19
In order to keep our employees, candidates and community safe during the COVID-19 pandemic, the majority of our teams are working from home within Canada. All interviewing, onboarding, and most work will take place remotely for the foreseeable future.
SkyBox Labs is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
Learn more about us at http://skyboxlabs.com/
Although we appreciate all interest, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.