Tech Will Save Us
Do you want to build cool things?
Great, so do we. At Tech Will Save Us we create make-it-yourself kits, apps and experiences that help kids all over the world to make, play, code and invent using technology. And you can help!
We are looking for a UI Designer with amazing, creative and technical skills to join our Product Team as we build the most fun and accessible toy brand for the next generation of makers.
We started in 2012, packing kits on a kitchen table and have now sold over hundreds of thousands of kits in 97 countries! Our kits are in the MoMA in New York and the Design Museum in London. We’re a growing team of designers, engineers, marketers, educators, content producers, production specialists, support reps, financiers and salespeople.
As part of a multi-disciplinary team you’ll have an integral role in solving real customer problems to deliver truly delightful and engaging digital experiences throughout the product’s life while maintaining the company’s brand and exceptional levels of quality throughout. In this role you will:
- Design a range of end-to-end digital product experiences that seamlessly integrate with our physical products
- Continuously develop your understanding of our users through regular testing, research and market analysis
- Regularly collaborate in cross-functional experimentation and strategy to improve our user experience
- Develop and champion consistent UI style guides across all our user touchpoints
- Drive continuous improvements across all our digital platforms using data-driven insights and learning
- Research the latest trends and innovations in order to influence product development and create exciting new experiences for our users
There is no such thing as a template Tech Will Save Us team member! In all likelihood though, to be comfortable in this role and able to perform at a high level, you will have:
- Have over 2 years experience in a UI role for a consumer-facing business
- Have a portfolio of relevant projects that you have developed and can clearly demonstrate measurable customer and business outcomes
- Be a creative problem solver that can identify design problems and present elegant, appealing, user-centric solutions
- Have a strong understanding of UI/UX design principles and can translate concepts into user flows, wireframes and storyboards
- Be able to create high fidelity mockups of your designs and present your solutions with clarity and robustness
- Be able to prototype, test and learn from your designs using suitable tools
- Have strong skills in Adobe Suite, Sketch, Figma or similar
- Have an excellent understanding of web, mobile, iOS and Android usability
- Be able to rely on self-direction and prioritisation to press ahead with tasks effectively and efficiently
- Have a user-centred approach to your design process based on research, testing and live data insights
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic and fast-paced company that adapts with speed and agility to new business and customer problems
Nice to have
- Experience of working in the toy or education tech industry
- Experience of working on successful subscription products
- Experience of digital content production (photography, animation and photography)
- Experience of working with physical product development teams
- Experience with D2C sales & optimisation as well as external digital sales channels such as Amazon & eBay
- Experience with WooCommerce / Wordpress platforms
We can offer the opportunity to work within a talented and friendly team doing good work in the world - if you want to look back on your career and know that you were a vital part of building a great company, this role is for you. You will be part of a truly multi-disciplinary team of marketers, educators, content products, production specialists, support reps, financiers, sales people, product designers, user experience experts, developers and engineers. On top of that:
- Annual salary £35-45k
- 25 days annual holiday, plus bank holidays
- Equity as part of our EMI scheme
- £500 per annum professional learning and development fund for all employees
- Flexible working with the option to work from our vibrant London office, fully set up for safe working practices, or from home with support to set up the most productive home environment
- Epic holiday parties all about learning and being creative
We believe that the best work comes from a diverse and inclusive team. If our mission excites you, and you can contribute to our culture of lifelong learning and growth we want to hear from you!