Junior Robot UI Designer
Who are we?
Passionate about food? Fascinated by robots? Join Karakuri.
We are a small, friendly and creative team building robots for the restaurant and food industries and we’re having a lot of fun along the way. Our teams work across robotics, mechatronics, software and down into embedded systems.
What will you do?
The Junior Robot UI Designer will be responsible for the user interfaces and experience of our kitchen robots.
You will be designing and building the front-end of the software enabling our customers to interact with the robots whilst supporting the engineers in designing the best human-machine interfaces.
You’ll be accountable for:
- Designing the user interfaces of our robots from sketch to CSS
- Collaborating with back-end developers to improve usability
- Helping to design the physical interaction with our robot
- Getting feedback from, and building solutions for, users and customers
- Creating quality wireframes, mockups and prototypes
- Developing and implementing our own design system
- Ensuring high-quality graphic standards and brand consistency
- Designing other assets like leaflets, vinyl stickers for our robots, slideshows, etc
What we need you to have:
- Proven work experience in a designer role.
- A great understanding of designing user interactions
- Good knowledge of CSS, ideally worked with StyledComponets or similar
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Experience of working in fast-paced startup environments.
- Worked with Adobe Suite, Sketch and Balsamiq
- Experience in designing complex human-machine interfaces in hardware and software
- Familiarity with robotics, IoT, connected appliances or food processing machines.
As well as being a fun place to work, we also offer a competitive salary and the following perks:
- Good contributory pension
- Vitality Health Insurance - giving you discounted gym membership plus many more rewards
- Monthly social events!
- And of course, you’ll get to play with our robots...