UI Design Lead
Come join us in our mission to change the Future of Work!
Founded in 2016, we at Forecast are augmenting project-based organizations with intelligent automation so our customers can predict the future, operate at maximum efficiency, and profitably deliver beyond expectations. Our powerful and intuitive AI puts the cumulative skills and learnings from hundreds of thousands of projects to work for every user, every day.
Behind the amazing capabilities of the Forecast platform is a constant and continuously developing design effort - making sure Forecast is delightfully designed, easy to use and has an intuitive feel across the platform is what we do every day.
Are you our UI Design Lead?
As our UI Design Lead you’ll be wearing two hats - working as an active Designer yourself, and setting and developing strategy around Design, thinking long term about the future of Forecast. Whilst this role currently has both aspects of being an active Designer and strategy lead, as the business grows there’ll be scope to grow into a defined management position. This is a strategic role for us, and it has serious long term potential to grow.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Lead Designer to join us at a pivotal time at Forecast, with the role growing in alignment with the wider business. You’ll have a huge impact on shaping all our design work and be at the forefront of our efforts. You’ll be joining a close knit & collaborative team - all driven by the goal to change the future of work!
Who we are looking for
We’re looking for someone skilled, passionate and collaborative, who loves designing, discussing design and design interactions, and can think through all the details of a new design while still having the overview to see the big picture. You like to work to include stakeholders in your work, and you enjoy teamwork. You can bring your own design skills in play, and can argue for your design decisions and the general design direction. You can handle feedback from cross-functional groups, and you can incorporate it into current and future work. We love having fun and are passionate about our product, and we hope you will join us in leading UI design in this!
What you’ll do:
- Actively working as a Designer, you’ll help design our digital product and experiences in different fidelity and for different purposes. You’ll work as part of a specific team in your Designer capacity, alongside a UX’er, Product Manager and Developer in an agile process
- Deliver final designs in all states: responsive, pixel perfect designs for the engineering team to build
- Wearing your Lead hat, you’ll have responsibility for the overall design direction, design language, and design system of Forecast - with the overarching aim for the platform to be visually appealing, simple, easy to understand, learn, and efficient to use
- Champion design consistency, keeping design streamlined across our platform in alignment of thinking about our current as well as future products. Maintaining our design system will be a must too
- Working closely alongside our CPO, you’ll understand from our customers what will make their lives easier (even if they haven’t thought of it yet!)
- As we scale, you’ll implement best practice and processes to help us grow sustainably and effectively
- Mentor and motivate our Design team, coaching and collaborating
What you’ll ideally have:
- A Bachelor's degree or similar from an established design school
- 8+ years of design (UI) experience, the majority within designing software products - ideally a B2B product
- Experience from working in an agile and iterative product development team, including experience working with engineers,
- Demonstrated experience in setting an overall long term design strategy and implementing it in a company - we’d love to see how you put together long term plans to take into account the growth of a product and accompanying customer needs
- Experience with people management is an advantage
- You have a natural eye for minimal design and good composition, and you obsess about details, and delighting users
- Ability to work and flourish in a fast paced and moving environment - we’re a start up and by our nature we’re constantly on the move!
- Good at receiving and giving feedback, understanding that it’s a key element needed for growth
- People management experience is not a necessity, but you’ll need to be able to motivate and coach others around you - you’ll find the success of those around you just as satisfying as your own
- Understanding of Human-centered design, product interactions, and design systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English — you should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions
- Strong knowledge of usability principles, processes, and building design systems
Interested to learn more? We'd love to hear from you!
Please send us your CV, a link to your portfolio, and a short application. In your application, include at least one example of a digital product you have worked on and how you created this design (in less than 250 words)