Firewood was built on the belief that good people are good business. And Firewoodians are the heart and soul of the company. So we were thrilled to be named to Ad Age’s Best Places to Work 2020 list. An employee-driven culture guided by our core values—humility, inclusivity, authenticity, and responsibility—means we have happy, engaged employees who look forward to coming to work every day. Here, you'll find we're a diverse group of colleagues who appreciate working at the kind of place that honors the authenticity we all bring to the table. We’d love to include your unique perspective!
Now, about the opportunity: As Senior Designer, UX/UI you have a solid background in digital design and UX, are comfortable collaborating directly with clients, have an acute attention to detail, and are passionate about beautiful, functional, innovative design that clearly communicates a message.
The ideal candidate jumps on new opportunities, gets nerdy about what they do, and works fast and flexibly to get the job done. This is a fast-paced work environment, so attentiveness and the ability to handle multiple projects with ease are a must. Sound like you? Let’s get acquainted!
When it’s safe to return to the office your time will be spent at our headquarters in the heart of San Francisco, with frequent visits to our clients just a short walk away. In the meantime, you’ll work from home.
What you will do:
- Plan and execute digital experiences for one of the most widely-known social media brands
- Produce high-quality visual designs, from research to execution, for websites, social media, in-app experiences, email, video, and more
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional team: including writers, animators, account people and project managers
- Be confident presenting ideas and designs to clients
- Digest feedback and develop alternate creative solutions
- Maintain consistent creative quality while applying client brand guidelines
- Be a standard-bearer for our culture and values
Who we're looking for:
- A solid online portfolio of digital work
- 4+ years of experience
- Mastery of digital design tools (Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Invision, Adobe XD, Figma) for diverse formats (web, social, video, email, etc.)
- Expert understanding of typography and layout; making things look beautiful is second-nature.
- Understanding of information architecture and content strategy
- Detailed understanding of UX principles and their applications across the web, email and beyond. You’ve built sitemaps, user flows, and wireframes. You believe that functionality and good design go hand-in-hand.
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Passion for using design and systematic thinking to elegantly organize complicated information
- Ability to work through multiple iterations and to work quickly
- Ability and willingness to think creatively within the realm of social media
- Ability to work independently, but also be an excellent collaborator with the team
- Ability to work within brand style guides to produce work that is both original and on brand
- Impeccable communication skills
- Experience collaborating across Google Apps (ie. Slides, Docs, Sheets, Gmail)
- Humble attitude—No egos here!
The perks of being a Firewoodian:
- All benefits are effective starting the first day of the month following the start date
- Fully paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employee and dependent(s)
- A 3% 401(k) match from the start
- 3 weeks of paid time off in the first year (plus paid company holidays)
- Pet insurance for one furry (or feathery) friend
- Snacks, beverages, and a weekly catered lunch
- Career training and learning opportunities
- Learn more about these perks at https://firewoodmarketing.com/careers/
A bit more about us:
- We’re a full-service agency partnering with brands that are changing the world including LinkedIn, Google, and Facebook
- Our approach to every engagement is rooted in mutual respect—our people are everything
- Firewood in the Field, our giving-back platform, provides year round pro bono work and financial support to employee-nominated charities
- Our merger with MediaMonks, the content arm of the S4 family of media companies, means we are now 2000+ employees strong, representing over 57 nationalities in 27 countries