Research & Strategy Lead
Why Pulselive? »
Our work is dedicated to one of the most socially impactful activities on the planet - sport. We unlock the power of sport through technology by uniting communities, entertaining, and inspiring people around the world.
Our mission is to create experiences sports fans can’t live without. We’re a team of highly talented and engaged creatives, engineers, product managers and researchers that collaborate to make this happen.
Today, we’re proud partner to some of the biggest names in sport:
- Premier League
- International Cricket Council (Cricket World Cup)
- World Rugby (Rugby World Cup)
- Barcelona Football Club
- Women’s Tennis Association (WTA)
- Australian Football League (AFL)
- Indian Premier League (IPL)
This means we’re responsible for conceptualising, developing and managing digital platforms, reaching millions of sports fans every day; whether that’s the official Cricket World Cup website or the Premier League’s mobile apps.
Our Commitment to You »
Securing and investing in the best talent is one of our Key Principles; it’s integral we have a diverse team of individuals who feel challenged and valued. While you don’t have to be a sports fan yourself, you’ll need to embrace the power of teamwork.
We take professional development seriously and ensure every person at Pulselive receives a range of learning opportunities. We focus on your long term career goals, rather than your existing responsibilities.
We are firm believers in flexibility, both location and when you work. We trust each other to be responsible, ensuring the work gets done, but balanced around our own lives.
We have the added benefit of being a wholly owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation. This provides a range of benefits, from financial security to staff discounts.
We remain independently run and retaining a young, energetic start-up mentality is of great importance to us. Our team is just over 100 strong, predominantly in the UK, with a number of offices including Australia, Spain and the United States.
The Role »
Pulselive is looking for a Research and Strategy Lead based in London. You’ll have solid research skills and experience across multiple platforms and will embrace the opportunity to lead from the front in a consultative capacity.
You thrive in a fast paced environment and enjoy planning and conducting research sessions and delivering actionable research findings and recommendations to clients and internal product teams.
You will need to demonstrate an excellent understanding of user research practices and processes. In addition you will be an excellent communicator, self-motivator and demonstrate the ability to lead and inspire a team of researchers and UX designers. This role will suit someone who has 5+ years working across multiple UX disciplines and is ready to take a step up in their career.
- Shifting Pulselive’s culture and processes to be rooted in informed decision making and strategic thinking; ensuring everyone knows the “why” behind what they’re working on
- Helping to educate, develop, inform, and/or refine clients’ digital strategy, working with clear KPIs, reporting mechanisms, and success metrics
- Working with the Director of Client Strategy to align LOEs with longer term digital vision
- Measuring the success & demonstrating/communicating the value of what we build
- Monitoring the health of client’s products
- Guiding strategic activities, including consultancy engagements, research projects, and insights generation
- Identifying future opportunities for Pulselive through strategic engagements (client agnostic research, market research, monitoring industry trends, analysing technology trends, etc.)
- Facilitating the sharing of insights and collaborative generation of recommendations
Alongside other members of Client Strategy, we will be collectively responsible for:
- Shaping the digital product and content strategies for clients
- Monitoring health of clients
- Informing Pulselive’s Product Strategy function
- Supporting development of product roadmaps
- Sharing of insights
- Acting as product owners for client’s who require that support, alongside Steerco leads and client leads
- Assisting with prioritisation of features/development effort
- Supporting development of product roadmap
- Informing Delivery squads by communicating the strategy and product vision for each client
- Guiding delivery squads throughout the product lifecycle to focus on the highest impact areas
- Identify opportunities for Pulselive products to improve clients’ digital offerings and meet their wider aims
- Increasing Pulselive’s profitability by:
- Identifying and prioritising product opportunities that will deliver the greatest value for clients (leading to renewals and increased budgets)
- Introducing incremental revenue streams through strategic engagements (e.g. Discovery Projects, commercialising the Pulselive User Pool, etc.)
- Identify commercial opportunities, unmet customer needs and potential new products through various sources of qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis
- Helping clients to understand and realise the commercial value of their digital properties; generating measurable return on investment
UX Research Discipline Responsibilities
- Continuing to grow and establish a cross-functional discipline within Pulselive, aimed at supporting informed decision making and sound strategic thinking
- Helping team and delivery squads to structure and solve problems, develop impactful recommendations/solutions, and measure value by collaborating and coordinating with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- Supporting the maturation of that team into an autonomous/self-operating division within Pulselive
- Supporting the Product Design Discipline in taking a more informed approach, helping to establish new ways of working and fostering a design culture rooted in strategic problem solving and data-driven decisions
- Significant experience working in UX Research
- Executed qualitative and quantitative projects from start to finish, following rigorous research methods to ensure top results. You’ve run projects using a wide variety of research methods, like usability studies, interviews, surveys, and field research.
- Strong competency in the use of analytics for iterative development and business intelligence
- Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies
- Worked in collaborative, cross-functional teams. You know how to work with designers, developers, and product managers to turn insights into recommendations and requirements that feed directly into product development.
- An appreciation of all other UX roles and their contribution to the final product
- Excellent communication skills, able to write and speak fluently to clients, designers, developers and other stakeholders (in English)
- Experience managing a team this includes performance reviews, time management, ongoing role support etc.
- Interest in sport
Location - London
Salary - Competitive
Posting Date: 30th July 2020
Closing Date: 27th August 2020