Kinship is a software startup in the building design and construction industry. Our product is a cloud-based solution that helps architects, engineers and contractors to manage their projects and digital content libraries. Some of our early customers include major international firms such as Foster + Partners, BuroHappold and BDP. For a brief overview, see https://kinship.io.
We seek a passionate and talented Senior UX/UI designer to lead the next phase of graphic and interface design for Kinship. The right candidate will be eager to own the visual design of a growing product and to work in close collaboration with a small team to achieve rapid implementation of features and functionality. If you are excited by the idea of working on a product that’s used daily by thousands from some of the largest and most well-known architecture, engineering and construction firms in the world, then read on.
- Build an overall visual identity resulting in a detailed UI kit and brand guide.
- Design custom icons and infographics.
- Work closely with the head of product to understand customer/user profiles, industry practices/standards and product value propositions.
- Participate in brainstorming, conceptualizing and defining of new features.
- Take technical feature specifications and provide them with complete interface designs.
- Develop user journeys/storyboards, wireframes, prototypes and complete hi-res designs.
- Provide rapid prototyping at different stages of the design process.
- Create responsive designs that adapt to desktop, mobile, tablet, and native app contexts.
- Use data and customer feedback to inform decision making and identify new opportunities.
- Implement systems and make suggestions for improving workflows, communications, etc.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- 5+ years working in UX/UI, preferably with some experience in SaaS.
- Excellent grasp of the technology tools required to execute effectively.
- Extreme attention to detail and care for usability, standards and best practices.
- Bright, clean and elegant design aesthetic.
- Solid background in graphic/visual design.
- Strong communication skills.
- Flexibility and judgement to balance multiple projects and priorities.
- Experience managing the full design process from beginning to end.
- Experience working closely with a development team to implement designs.
- Experience working with remote team members desirable but not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a graphic design, HCI or relevant discipline.
No agencies please. No phone calls please.