With over 400 million connected medical devices worldwide and the value of the healthcare Internet of Things (IoT) market valued at $163 billion, it’s no surprise that venture funding in the Digital Health space has hit record highs year after year. What’s clear is that all of healthcare’s future products – medical devices, combination products, wearables, Software as Medical Device and more – will all be digitally driven.
If you want to become a next-generation disruptive leader in healthcare, you need to be working in Digital Health now. And there’s no better place to get deep experience in Digital Health than with BrightInsight, the VC-backed Silicon Valley startup that provides the leading global regulated IoT platform for the world’s top biopharma and medtech companies.
We are a team of experienced professionals who are passionate about transforming patient outcomes globally by bringing the power of digital technology to healthcare. Our mission is to accelerate regulated digital health innovation for our biopharma and medtech customers through our scalable medical-grade platform.
In the past year, the award-winning BrightInsight Platform was selected as the “Best IoT Healthcare Platform” in the 2019 MedTech Breakthrough Awards, the “2018 Google Cloud Partner of the Year for Healthcare and Life Sciences,” was featured as the cover story for CIOReview Magazine’s “20 Most Promising Biotech Solution Providers 2019," and was included in The Journal of mHealth's “2020 Global Digital Health 100”.
If you enjoy working with solution-oriented, driven colleagues in an agile, beaurocratic-free environment, then come join us at BrightInsight.
The UX/UI Designer will be based in San Jose, CA, or remote. The BrightInsight platform is a cloud-based medical IoT platform for the life sciences industry, and is used to manage, process, and store patient health and medical device data to be used for patient diagnosis and treatment.
As a UX/UI Designer, you are responsible for designing solutions which are first and foremost easy to use keeping in mind the healthcare industry. You constantly strive to update designs based on what really works and can understand UX research outcomes clearly and apply it’s implications and applications to our solutions. BrightInsight portfolio products include industry-specific solutions, indication-specific therapies, and capabilities for business users, providers, and patients.
You will work closely with customers, fellow Designers, Product Managers, Engineering, Sales, Marketing, Regulatory, Quality, Legal and other internal stakeholders to define, and design one or more products used by our partners or customers.
Above all, you will have an opportunity to help the healthcare industry leverage digital technology to engage patients, improve outcomes, and save lives.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates…
- Intense collaboration
- Simplifying complex problems
- Passionate customer focus
- Fast learner
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Create compelling interactive experiences focused on unified design principles for responsive web and native iOS and Android applications.
- Stay ahead of industry trends and apply new technologies to create new solutions
- Translate user research into design solutions.
- Collaborate closely with Software Architects, System Engineers and other Product team members to define great experiences and scalable solutions
- Collaborate with and influence stakeholders across all areas of the organization
- Manage multiple efforts, operate with tight deadlines, and have the awareness to reset priorities as needed. You are naturally accountable and responsible
- Will use and possess a broad range of UX skills, including interaction design, visual design, branding and user research.
- Self-motivated and able to design a project efficiently.
- Extend and constantly help improve the visual design pattern libraries and usage guidelines.
- Work in an iterative design process and advocate design decisions.
Here is some of what you’ll need…
- *Sketch (including knowledge of sketch libraries) - required
- Experience with designing health/medical related applications.
- 3+ years of applied experience in designing responsive web and native mobile applications
- Experience with human-centered design and Agile development methodologies
- Strong organizational, communications (written and verbal), problem solving, critical thinking skills
- Commitment to improving processes and methods within the design team.
Here are a few examples of what you’ll get for the great work you provide…
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision, etc.
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Paid Time Off
BrightInsight is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. BrightInsight does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. BrightInsight provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. BrightInsight will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with BrightInsight.