Senior Product Designer
Paradigm is looking for a Product Designer to support our client, HP Inc., on their HP Smart application team.
As our ideal candidate, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to conceive and support design work for innovative mobile products. Day to day tasks include leading new visual design explorations, creating clickable prototypes, creating visual design mockups, creating mood boards, and working with product managers, UX and interaction designers to understand requirements. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
Type: Long-Term Contract, 40 hours
Location: Remote, San Diego preferred
Pay Rate: DOE
Benefits: Medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO
In this role, you will:
- Lead the design efforts on HP applications for new feature product releases on iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows apps (as well as web)
- Be part of a team that is growing to meet future product plans
- Incorporate human-centered design practice to provide experiences to engage HP customer base
- Work in Agile collaboration with development partners across multiple platforms
- Experience a high degree of collaboration among individual designers and product teams
- Keep user-centered design principles and best practices in mind throughout each platform
- Work closely with the design team to support prototyping activities with visual design mockups/assets
- Ensure UI consistency throughout experiences
- Create user research test plans and improve our features based on data
- Contribute to stakeholder presentations of design concepts
- Five years+ of Product Design/IX Design experience
- Experience with responsive web design and frameworks that incorporate strong grid principles
- Communicate and prototype interaction flows using tools such as Adobe XD
- Work in an Agile environment to iterate designs based on qualitative and quantitative data
- Articulate design concepts and rationales to development teams and stakeholders
- Manage priorities and deliverables against deadlines
- Multitask across multiple projects
- Use Adobe Creative Suite efficiently
- Proven, well-designed examples of responsive grid-based layouts
- Strong work portfolio that demonstrates systematic and creative design thinking, as well as a deep understanding of best practices across various platforms, iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows apps (as well as web)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to effectively sell an idea
- Cross-functional team approach; collaborate effectively with designers, researchers, engineering, product management, marketing, and other team members
- Prioritize work & multi-task well; Wear multiple hats in a true start-up spirit to support adjacent areas like visual design or user research.
- Ability to manage time wisely across projects and competing priorities, meet agreed upon deadlines, and be accountable for work
- Proficiency with After Effects Animations using Lottie Files, preferred
- Experience with large-scale software development life cycle, required
Paradigm offers medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, PTO, and sick days
About Us, Paradigm
Want to love Mondays? It's possible when you love what you do. Paradigm is a staffing solutions firm dedicated to finding the perfect job for candidates. We're connected with some of the most innovative tech companies around, giving our employees that competitive edge needed in today's job market.
We are proud to offer a work environment free of harassment and discrimination. We value diversity and promote respect in the workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Only local candidates able to work directly for Paradigm as W-2 employees can be considered for this position. No agents, please.