Junior UI Designer
We created Waggel because we believe technology can make pet ownership easier and more joyful for dog and cat owners.
Our industry leading and fully-digital pet insurance product was launched in December 2018 and has been featured on TechCrunch amongst others. We've since experienced rapid month-on-month growth, resulting in plenty of 5* reviews!
Over the next year we'll be focusing on our members app, the purpose of which is to enrich the lives of our predominantly London-based millennial members and their pets through an aspirational and personalised app offering unique insight, rewards and curated experiences making it easier and more joyful to own a dog. Alongside this we've just gone through a rebranding process and launched our exciting new visual identity.
Accordingly we're opening up a Junior UI Designer role to ensure the digital product remains at a high standard and continues to evolve along with Waggel.
You will be working closely with a team of UX and UI designers to deliver beautiful interface design across both mobile and web products. You will also participate in creative workshops to define UI solutions and concepts. We work remotely due to the COVID situation, and once lockdown has resolved we will continue to be remote by default, however we have kept our office space with the intention of spending at least a day each week together to maintain our great culture and relationships.
- You have a keen eye for effective UI and interaction patterns.
- You have experience creating delightful interfaces that real people can use.
- Enthusiastic and proactive in keeping up to date with current design trends.
- Are comfortable owning the entire design process from conception right through to delivering mockups and assets to the dev team.
- Are a keen prototyper, and love building high and low fidelity prototypes to gather feedback early.
- You are confident but humble. Able to pitch ideas and work with a team to refine and develop them.
- Eager to learn and develop your skills alongside an established product team.
- Customer centric - You will put the customer experience first at all times.
- Dog friendly - You love and are not allergic to dogs (we have several in the office).
- Own the product design process for your projects from conception to research, to providing solutions, to creating and delivering the UI and interactions designs.
- Iterate and improve upon existing features based on user insights, data and business goals.
- Support and elevate design quality standards across Waggel by contributing to the design language and actively offering improvements.
- Work in cross-functional teams of designers, engineers and PM’s.
- Engage stakeholders and take them along on the creative journey.
- Provide new solutions and software that may benefit Waggel’s creative processes where you see opportunities to do so.
- Ensure visual consistency across the entire Waggel ecosystem.
- 1-2 years experience in a UI designer role.
- Familiar with UI design tools such as Sketch and Zeplin.
- Experience meeting deadlines and delivery dates.
- Familiar with requirements gathering and documentation techniques.
- Experience working with other designers and engineers.
- Great interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable with iterative, data informed decision making.
- Team mentality - we work together, take risks together, celebrate together and stay humble together.
- Experience in a design driven culture.