PayMongo builds the most advanced online payments infrastructure in SE Asia, starting in the Philippines. Over the next few years, we will build a broad suite of products that aims to lower the barriers and remove all the complexities in payments. We are rapidly expanding to serve diverse needs of thousands of business. To continue on this exponential period of growth, we seek to build the best and the most diverse team of thinkers, doers and starters.
As a UI Designer, you will help PayMongo's users complete tasks and goals by producing high quality, accessible and functional user interfaces. You will develop a deep understanding of common user behaviors, and how design elements are used and why. You value craftmanship, aesthetics and consistency, with a relentless focus on user needs. We are looking for a natural problem solver, not a just a pixel pusher.
- Design usable, intuitive, and consistent user interfaces.
- Help maintain, scale and optimize PayMongo's design system based on needs, data and trending feedback from our users.
- Collaborate with the product team as a whole. You will facilitate user interviews, collecting and analyzing feedback, and conduct data and research analysis that will be used to improve our user interfaces (internal and external).
You may be fit if
- You are well-versed in using Figma.
- You know the best practices in UI design.
- You have preferably 2-4 years experience in designing user interfaces.
- You have a strong sense of ownership and autonomy, with little to no supervision required to deliver expected output within an agreed, specified timeline.
- You're a resourceful team player with great communication skills.
- You're an autodidact, a self-learner.
- You're strategic, systematic and forward thinking; you are always considering the pros and cons of what may happen once an interface, a feature or component is implemented. You understand that every action implemented creates rippling effect, whether that's progressive or retrogressive.
You may stand out if
- You have an outstanding portfolio with case studies to show for.
- You have experience creating, scaling and maintaining design systems.
- You have worked on UI for SAAS companies.
- You understand the complexity and limitations of implementing UI designs and animation by code.
- Plus one if you have experience coding yourself!
PayMongo is a financial technology company enabling businesses to receive payments online easily. We started the company in March 2019, and we are backed by Silicon Valley's most forward-thinking investors including Y Combinator, Peter Thiel, Founders Fund and Stripe. We are looking for people with passion, grit and the integrity to help us build the future of payments.