UI Designer Summer Intern
*Please limit your application to 3 roles per academic year.
The ultimate source for official answers about a business online should be the business itself. However, when consumers ask questions on company websites, too often they are left in the dark with wrong answers. Yext (NYSE: YEXT), the Search Experience Cloud, solves this problem by organizing a business's facts so it can provide official answers to consumer questions — wherever people search. Starting with the company website, then extending across search engines and voice assistants, businesses around the world, like Taco Bell, Marriott, and Jaguar Land Rover—as well as organizations like the U.S. State Department—trust Yext to radically improve the search experience on their websites and across the entire search ecosystem.
Please note: Your application must include a link to your website/online portfolio.
Our Consulting Group works with Yext’s largest clients to deliver highly-customized and integrated Websites. Our work is leaps and bounds beyond our competitors and is seen by millions of people across the globe. The team includes Technical Engagement Management, UI Design, and Software Engineering experts that work together to deliver end-to-end solutions. We value things like: curiosity, failing forward, productivity hacks, excellent communication, a sense of humor, and confidence without ego.
We’re Growing! Yext is continuing to build our creative team and we are hiring 2021 summer interns! You will learn how to design elegant solutions to complex problems along with our Creative Lead, fellow UI Designers, Technical Engagement Managers and the Software Engineering Team. You’ll gain experience working alongside our world-class design team to make responsive Web layouts for coveted Fortune 500 consumer brands, assisting with building our catalogue of UI design patterns, and helping improve our team’s craft.
What You'll Do
- Assist with producing high-quality visual Web designs—from concept to execution, including those for desktop, tablet, and mobile devices
- Create and iterate on assets that reflect a client’s brand, enforce a language, and help accomplish both business and user goals in our product
- Push creativity, constructively challenge established thinking, and discover new ways of approaching (and solving) a problem
- Innovatively adapt our in-house atomic design system to match client branding
- Hone precision and practical design skills
- Partner with Software Engineers to implement your designs just as you had envisioned
What You Have
- Pursuing BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, or a related field or equivalent practical experience with a graduation date between December 2021 and August 2022
- Proficiency in tools like Sketch, Zeplin, Invision App, Abstract, Figma, XD, and Adobe Creative Suite
- A jaw-dropping online portfolio, free of typos
- Familiarity with Twitter Bootstrap screen sizes and 12-column grid principle
- Experience designing for variable data (CMS-driven layouts)
- Ability to create style guides to be used cross-functionally
- Interaction design sensibility
Yext is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetics, sex, pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity or nonbinary or nonconformity and/or status as a trans individual), age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, marital, parental and/or familial status, past, current or prospective service in the uniformed services, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.