Senior Product Designer
Would you relish the opportunity to be part of an innovative med-tech company where you can see your work help a billion people find their health through self-care? How would you like to contribute to the success of a highly skilled team who are on a mission to deliver the best work of their lives? Was that a big ‘yes’? Great! Keep reading.
At Your.MD, we believe everyone should have the information they need to look after their health. Five years ago, we brought together doctors, data-scientists and digital experts to create a new type of health app. One where anyone in the world could find personalised, medically-approved guidance, tools and support to help them feel better and stay healthy.
Millions of downloads later, we’re the first app approved as a medical device (class 1), and are on the way to our goal: helping one billion people find their health.
Backed by philanthropists and major corporations, our team is now 100-strong and growing, as we find new ways to bring informed self-care to all, especially in the era of coronavirus.
What you will be doing
Working to the Head of Design, you will be expected to hit the ground sprinting from day one. You will experience pace, variety and the opportunity to turn ideas very quickly into reality. Specifically, you will:
- Design best-in-class experiences validated by analytical insights
- Own design from concepts, sketches and prototypes, all the way through to implementation
- Be accountable for every feature you design – from the very first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process along with our Head of Designand Head of User Experience.
- Be a true business partner - collaborating closely with our Head of Design / Head of User Experience and other members of the Product, Medical, Tech, Content, Digital and Marketing teams; you’ll incorporate their feedback into design and share the vision behind implementation
- Have an affinity with users and a practical approach to design
- Have a strong point of view on the current design landscape, and know the right tool for the job. Whether that’s sketching, Sketch, Principle, Framer, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite or straight-up HTML.
- Work towards delivering Product/market fit in our product whilst helping deliver on existing KPIs.
- Provide sketches, wireframes and prototypes using your experience in the various tools of the trade.
- Provide ongoing creative and visual design for our website, social media channels and other areas where our company requires creative assets
- Support with presentation design from copy / brief
- Compile company presentations from scratch and define an interim style guide for company materials
- Plan, participate in (and sometimes lead) workshops with colleagues and/or management or our business partners.
What we are looking for in our next teammate
- A Product Designer who comes equipped with an impressive portfolio of stunning interaction design. You may have held positions such as Senior Product Designer, Product Design Lead, UX/UI Designer or similar.
- Experience of delivering, building and working with design systems (must provide examples)
- Experience of constructing component libraries for use within mobile apps
- You have experience designing for all devices, and interest in new and emerging technologies.
- You are familiar with working in an agile environment.
- A blend of experience working within an innovative and best in class tech company, or large design agency, in addition to working in a start-up environment
- Experience of working in a rapidly scaling company
- Experience in healthcare / medical or fitness apps
- Strong understanding of mobile design systems; awareness of the similarities and differences between iOS and Android
Skills & Abilities
- Empathetic to user needs and is able to balance this with business and technical constraints.
- Able to bring together beautiful visuals with superlative experiences.
- Passionate about inclusive design and accessibility - you are able to design with all of our users in mind (not just the ones that look like our team).
- You are comfortable working toward pixel-perfection or with low-fi sketches, depending on need.
- You have a people-centered design approach, and are constantly looking to improve your decisions through user feedback.
- You are driven by user needs as defined by data, analytics and metrics.
- You have the ability and empathy to inspire others to deliver great work.
- You have an online portfolio that demonstrates your process and thinking, from sketches to iteration to launch and beyond.
- You have exceptional influencing skills and are able to deliver excellent designs through team working
When applying for the role please provide us with your current CV and examples from your portfolio.
Help us achieve our mission of helping a billion people find their health through self-care. Apply today.
Healthily by Your.MD is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status - and welcome all sections of our community to apply for our roles