EstimateOne is a team of 55 people (and growing) with a mission to better connect the commercial construction industry in Australia and abroad. We want to enable people to do more of the things that matter, and less of the things that don’t.
With 11 years in the game, we're both a profitable and fast growing business. We're the market leader in Australia & New Zealand and have recently expanded to the UK. Our Vision is for our platform to become the industry standard. To do that we'll need to make sure we're unlocking value from what we've already built while also inventing new stuff. It's equal parts optimisation and innovation.
Here at EstimateOne, we build our products collaboratively working in cross-functional teams. We draw from Lean product development and Design Thinking - which means we put our users first and work together rather than in silos.
About our product:
The platform is 10 years old and there’s a lot already in it. As a company (and as a team) our mission is to make sure we’re unlocking value from what we’ve already done while creating value by inventing new stuff. It’s equal parts optimisation and innovation, data-driven and human-centred.
We have a (newly implemented) design process and rituals in place to help us create value for our team, the construction industry and our shareholders - that’s where you come in!
About the role:
We're looking for a Lead Product Designer to lead a small team of two (which you will help grow to about 3-6) in an exciting role that will see you translating the overall business strategy into a design vision. You’ll be responsible for providing design direction at a strategic level through the use of customer journeys, personas, and research insights.
By leading the user research process, you’ll create a culture of continuous discovery, with your day to day tasks including things like artful wireframes and innovative UI design. You’ll use your skills to identify broader opportunities (beyond the current product) in the quest to make our customers' lives easier. This is a leader-doer role -you’ll be on the tools working with the whole E1 team at every stage of the design process.
We’re looking for an imaginative person who’s keen to collaborate - it’s that simple. Forthright and frank is one of our core values - so we appreciate a straight shooter who tells it like it is. The ability to promote our values matters to us; we care about our team and you’ll be joining a group of people who want each other to be happy and successful.
- You’ll be eager to get stuff done and deliver value for our customers as part of a cross-functional team.
- You’re able to mentor and guide other designers and cross-functional team members.
- You love to teach - and will be a strong advocate across the company for a consistent and rigorous user-centered product design process.
- You’re excited at the prospect of documenting, maintaining, updating and evolving our design system.
- You'll be keen to review and add to our design principles to guide product design decisions.
- You love identifying knowns and unknowns and validating assumptions to better understand problems & opportunities.
Connect with the following? This may be the role for you.
- Are you comfortable in navigating ambiguity - not necessarily knowing which is the right strategic direction, but having confidence in the design method to get you there? Talk to us.
- Do you embrace constraints as a pathway to creative problem-solving? Talk to us.
- Have experience proactively seeking regular feedback from users, designers and stakeholders to validate decisions and direction? Talk. to. us.
- We are flexible about hours. You don’t have to work full time, although we’d love it if you did.
- You'll have to work from home until we are allowed into our brand new office in Richmond.
- You’ll need to be a great communicator and a fluent English speaker.
- You’ll need to be legally eligible to work in Australia.
- Formal training/education is nice, but not a hard requirement (after all, our CEO dropped out of university after six weeks…)
We offer 1 week of entrepreneurial leave and double any pre tax donation you make to a charity.
Each employee has a $5,000 development budget to spend on training or conferences, primary and secondary care giver leave, volunteer leave, as well as the opportunity to make a difference in a self managed cross functional team environment.
Oh, and every 7th week we spend half a day doing a fun activity to celebrate the work you've done over the 6 weeks of our cycle.
If you're interested in joining our team we encourage you to learn more about what it's like to work with us by reading our employee handbook:
If you want to be part of our growth journey, apply with your updated CV and we will be in touch!