InMotion Ventures invests in the future of transport and mobility. Powered by Jaguar Land Rover (JLR), we work with start-ups and build products that change the way we move.
Our vision is to provide digitally enabled mobility services, employing innovative business models and technologies, which enable customers to access flexible solutions on-demand and in real time.
To achieve this, we invest globally at all stages from pre-Seed to Series B, alongside creating our own proprietary services utilising the Jaguar Land Rover product portfolio of vehicles to engage new and existing customers in new ways, supported by the wider JLR business.
Studio 107 creates and incubates our new proprietary services, taking an idea from inception, testing it in-market and then scaling. Every service needs to have a differentiated and aspirational role in the mobility ecosystem, starting in the UK and then expanding globally. The core Studio 107 team provides the oversight, expertise and experience throughout this process, steadily handing over to the founding team of each product as they grow and scale. Current examples include Liquid and Carpe – details can be found on our website.
About the role
In this role, a mid-weight UX/UI Designer will work as a sole designer as part of Studio 107 on a range of mobility service ventures at various stages. You will be involved in end-to-end design process, developing brand identity and building high-fidelity digital products ready to launch in market. The role requires a mix of strategic thinking, hands on design, and a keen eye for detail; it would be ideal for someone capable of making impactful design decisions, ability to create beautiful design, build relationships with key stakeholders and able to effectively shape their own role. You will be working closely with the insight manager and service designer to design with users at the heart. The team is highly collaborative and your voice will be very important.
- Work with the Studio 107 team and with specific product owners to develop concepts, design, prototype and test digital products across platforms all the way to final delivery.
- Develop eye-catching brands, visual identities and style guides to help launch businesses successfully.
- Actively collaborate with service designer and insight manager to create digital products that both look great and are consistent with the user research.
- Organise and manage various projects and stakeholder relationships.
- Assist in the recruitment of UX/UI and brand capability to help each individual product scale.
Desirable skills and experience
- 5+ years experience in UX and UI/visual design role
- Demonstrable experience in end-to-end UX/UI process from ideation, wireframing and prototyping through testing and final design delivery
- Passion for UI and visual design, with ability to design brand visual identities, style guides, and accompanying communication material (e.g. icons, illustrations, banner ads etc)Well-versed in design/prototyping tools such as Sketch or Figma, Zeplin, Framer, InVision, Marvel and Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience in responsive design for all common platforms (web, iOS, Android) and a particular strength in iOS
- Ability to evaluate products based on data insights and continuously iterate
- Able to communicate design specification with internal or external dev team to make sure the design is implemented properly
- Experience designing for high-end services or experiential market (those with a strong focus on user/customer experience and design) a plus
- Experience working in a startup, an early stage venture or incubator a plus
- Experience working in an agile environment in scrum teams a plus
- Excited about mobility, travel, sharing economy and luxury services
- Desire to learn more about building businesses from scratch
- Excited by working on multiple projects at a time, at different stages, in fast-paced environment
- Independent and enjoy the responsibility of owning the end-to-end product development and design process
- Able to express opinions but also listen to others
What’s on Offer
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- Awesome office in the heart of Kings Cross, London
- Free fruit, treats and desk beers throughout the week
- Work alongside inspirational founders, mentors and other startups
- Annual allowance for professional training and development
By applying to this position, you agree to allow InMotion Ventures Ltd (Abbey Road, Coventry, CV3 4LF, [email protected]) to collect, store and process your resume, contact details and any other personal data that you submit. If InMotion is providing recruitment services to a third-party, you also extend this permission our end client.
We will process this data for recruitment purposes only. The data will be stored in our Applicant Tracking System, (which stores data in the U.S and is fully compliant with EU data protection laws), and we will not share it with anyone else.
We would like to keep this data until our open role is filled and may choose to keep it in our database for future roles for up to 24 months.