Apply for this job
At Smith Micro, we develop software to simplify and enhance the mobile experience, providing solutions to leading wireless service providers and cable MSOs around the world. Our solutions enrich today’s connected lifestyles while creating new opportunities to engage consumers via smartphones and consumer IoT devices. Smith Micro's flagship products include SafePath - a connected life platform bringing together people and the connected things that are part of their daily digital lifestyle inside and outside the home; CommSuite - a voice services platform adding intelligence and other services to voice messaging; and ViewSpot - a digital retail platform bringing in-store devices to life with engaging experiences. If you enjoy a fast-paced environment where your skills can have real impact, let’s talk!
Smith Micro Software is conducting a search for a highly motivated and results oriented contractor to work with our Design team enhancing the User Experience & User Interface Design for our ViewSpot platform, candidates must have experience in the design of web and mobile applications. The candidate should be capable of gathering and evaluating user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers. It is important to have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, the ability to make decisions and implement creativity based on research findings. He/she will join a highly skilled team that covers a broad range of disciplines – marketers, designers, product managers and developers.
- Be part of a strong creative team and execute projects to help the design team with necessary deliverables to support marketing efforts.
- Focus on attending to and improving ViewSpot Platform applications from Smith Micro
- Develop UI mock-ups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how digital products function and look like.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems.
- Create prototypes for new product ideas.
- Test new ideas before implementing.
- Conduct an ongoing user research.
- Design and produce digital assets for different projects - web and mobile (iOS/Android).
- Research and track advancements in web and mobile application design patterns.
- Maintain wireframes, mock-ups and specifications as needed.
- Design and produce digital assets for software projects - web and mobile (both iOS and Android).
- University degree in graphic digital design, computer science or a related field.
- A fast learner, team player, flexible and open – able to take and give feedback constructively, working others views into his/her thinking.
- Knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite, especially XD and Photoshop, good understanding of visual communication.
- Basic understanding of HTML/CSS.
- A real interest in digital trends, design and best practices.
- Experience with creating mock-ups for web and mobile native applications (iOS and Android).
- Comfortable with Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Well organized and meticulous on the management of design files.
- Good English speaking and writing skills (mandatory).
- Prior experience working in a design team is a plus.
- Must provide design portfolio.
We’re looking for creative thinkers, game-changing challengers and individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. We won’t just hire anyone. Only amazing people like you – those who are driven, focused, and interested in ever-changing technology.
We offer competitive pay, paid time off and holidays, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes premium medical coverage, well-being programs, an employee stock purchase program (ESPP), a 401(k) plan with company match, and more.
Smith Micro is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Smith Micro is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, contact Human Resources department, HR@smithmicro.com or call 412-837-5300.