Senior Product Designer
ShipperHQ is a bootstrapped startup with an office in Austin, TX (Southwest Parkway) making a big impact in the eCommerce Shipping space. Founded in 2009, we are a premier shipping experience manager for eCommerce sites, selling to clients large and small around the world. We have a fantastic reputation and are recognized for our high-quality service. Our SaaS product, ShipperHQ, launched in 2015 and is growing quickly!
Our design team is looking for a senior designer to work on various aspects of the ShipperHQ product to improve the entire customer experience.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver who can conduct thorough user experience research and is able to execute a strong UI design. To be clear, this is a design position. We are not looking for a developer who designs but a designer who could do some development. You will collaborate with a fast-paced team of designers and developers to help improve our product and bring new features to life.
If you are based in Austin, TX you will be working in our HQ office with a fantastic team of creative, driven people, but we are also considering remote candidates for this position.
- Work closely with our product team to execute new feature design updates
- Act as a strategic problem-solver, helping to make complex processes simple for the end-user and improve our in-app experiences
- Enforce brand integrity across a wide range of digital applications
- Turn static comps into functional prototypes using html/css/react
- Work with our developers to build out styled react components and do some light front-end development
- Be a meticulous time manager who can balance several open projects and maximize productivity on tight timelines
- 5+ years of experience in product and web design
- Proven experience turning complex business problems into simple and engaging products
- Strong portfolio showcasing user journey maps, UI design, and any functional work you have developed yourself
- Proficient in Adobe CS, Sketch, Invision
- Working knowledge of git, html, css, js, react
- Strong communications skills and daily transparency on your progress with remote team members
When applying, please provide:
- A link to a portfolio of your work that is relevant for this role. Applicants without portfolios will not be considered.
- A personal note about yourself highlighting why you feel like this role is a good fit
- A link to your LinkedIn profile
- Your resume