Senior UX Product Designer
Brandwatch is the global leader in social and digital consumer intelligence, working with the biggest brands and most admired agencies worldwide – 39 of the Fortune 100 are clients.
Recently named a leader in The Forrester Wave™, we build smart software solutions that help capture, understand and share insights from millions of conversations across the web and beyond. Home to over 500 people worldwide with offices in 10 locations, Brandwatch is a place that motivates and supports its staff to find answers to new problems in an ever changing social and digital world.
*This is a Remote position which requires candidates to have the right to work and be based in England.
In late 2019, to support our commitment to product innovation and drive growth, we launched our internal Incubator team. They’re tasked with the rapid development, testing, launching and scaling of new targeted products. The team launched two new offerings in 2020, Brandwatch Reviews and Brandwatch for Education. And there are even more ambitious plans slated for 2021.
We have created an exciting new opportunity for a full time Senior UX Product Designer to be integrated into our Incubator team.Senior UX Product Designer will ensure the products developed continue to meet our high design standards and delight our customers.
In this role you’ll be leading the full product design process across the 3 core products managed by the team (Hootsuite Insights, Brandwatch for Education & Brandwatch Reviews). In addition your design skills will help contribute towards new prototypes and exploratory products developed by the Incubator team.
Given the breadth of your remit, products to support, and the fast moving nature of the Incubator team, this position will be exciting and challenging in equal measure.
Good collaboration and communication skills are key to succeeding in this role. You’ll be working directly with a Product Manager and the team of developers working within Incubator. You’ll also become part of the wider Product Design team - currently at 18 individuals across US and Europe - and will be able to rely on our combined wisdom and support.
Aided by our UxR team, you will have direct contact with customers to understand their requirements, evaluate customer research and translate those findings into design opportunities.
The ideal candidate should complement their design and UX skills with a flair and originality that’ll make a tangible difference to the outputs of the Incubator. You’ll help us push the boundaries of convention and ultimately make our customers sing out loud with delight.
If you’re a talented Product Designer who is motivated by any of the above, then this could be the perfect role for you.
About the team
You’ll be joining our Product Design team which is split across Brighton, Stuttgart and Berlin. We have a wide range of skills from pure user research through to pure visual design, and a number of people with a blend in between.
- Have at least 5 years aggregated commercial experience working as a product designer on digital products (web apps/SaaS preferred over mobile/native)
- Present a portfolio during your interview that demonstrates excellence in your craft and shows us your process of translating outcomes into outputs
- Have experience working across multi-disciplinary teams while context shifting across multiple projects
- Be able to plan, organise, and lead on all aspects of the design stages from concept to release while keeping to tight deadlines
- Be able to distil and translate complex requirements into modern, accessible, and inviting experiences
- Have experience driving UX design within an agile / lean team environment
- Understand and be conversant with core visual design principles
- Know how to work within established design systems / pattern libraries
- Have strong communication, influencing and relationship-building skills
- Document and present your work efficiently and effectively to a variety of stakeholders and colleagues from juniors through to execs
- Have experience of collaborating on user research tasks, as part of the design process.
- Be able to plan and conduct user research yourself (generative and evaluative) - translating those findings into design opportunities
- Have a passion for data visualisation
- Have strong visual design examples in your portfolio
- Have designed and tested information dashboards before
- Have experience designing for mobile contexts
We offer: Flexible & remote working, a competitive benefits package, an extensive people development program, including LinkedIn Learning for every employee and in-house courses such as our Brandwatch Leadership Development program, and community-focused groups, such as our Diversity & Inclusion and Green committees.
Working at Brandwatch: Our values are about being authentic, bold, and creative. And we believe these values are best embodied by enabling people to do their best work in an environment that works for them. Whether fully remote, within one of our global offices, or a combination of the two, we have the tools and resources to make working to these values both possible and enjoyable.