Senior UI Designer
At foodpanda we're on a mission to redefine how tech, food, people and culture are connected operating in 12 countries worldwide. Our team is working on big challenges and complex scalability problems as we grow 6X annually processing millions of orders a year. You’ll be part of a highly collaborative cross-functional agile squad that always includes frontend and backend engineers, design and product owners. Our squads operate in an open and fast-paced environment with very flat structures where everyone has a say.
We work on a large scale, complex systems where you can reach users on a global scale whilst enjoying a high level of autonomy and influence and a flexible working environment. Here you can learn, thrive and become a better engineer, designer and product manager
Senior UI Designer, APAC.
However, this doesn’t happen without some really awesome people. We are looking for a Senior UI Designer, APAC interested in joining the Product team to design our next generation of web applications. This role is responsible for up-levelling visual design across our product teams. This role requires strong communication skills as it will collaborate with PM, UI devs and other designers. S/he must have extensive knowledge and experience in visual design with proven experience in a multi-disciplinary design environment.
The candidate must drive creative thinking methodologies to help shape our product and tools while also bring inspiring ideas and motivation to an energetic and collaborative team. S/he must have experience with iconography, typography, color, space to visualize solutions for complex problems.The ideal candidate is one who not only has a deep understanding of design industry trends but an individual that can help our products be beautiful and accessible.
You will be based in our exciting Singapore office to support our growing regional Product team. You will also be part of an international team of highly talented and motivated people.
What's on the menu:
- Create, maintain, and evolve visual design guidelines
- Communicate the value and functionality in design, icons, typography, color, and illustration
- Give and solicit feedback from designers and cross-disciplinary partners
- Create and manage asset libraries for reusable design and drive UI component creation
- Partner with product designers to define the visual design strategy for their teams, as well as working with other leads and cross-functional partners to drive consensus
- Can manage their own schedule and prioritise tasks independently
What you can bring to the table:
- Have an outstanding portfolio, showcasing a foundation in typography, interaction and visual design, marketing design, and idea generation
- Experienced problem solver and thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Highly detail-oriented, with a drive for perfection down to the last pixel
- Great communication and presentation skills
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices is a big plus
foodpanda (small ‘f’) is the world’s favourite way to order food online from the comfort of your home or office. Whether it’s getting your hands on your favourite pasta, kebab or pizza, we believe that no one should have to suffer from hunger attacks ever again.
Our parent company, Delivery Hero, is a global leader in the food delivery industry processing over 3 million orders every day and operating in 40+ markets in the world, with 18,000 employees and approximately 500,000+ restaurant partners. In APAC, foodpanda operates in over 150 cities across 12 countries. Trivial problems can always become large technical challenges at scale. If you love technology, efficiency and simplicity as much as we do, there is no better place to experience this than in foodpanda.
We always genuinely care about experience, efficiency and scalability. We do not just solve technical problems but build the foundations for foodpanda’s operations with the best tools on hand.