Adaptavist is a global software innovator, enabling organisations to digitally transform how they collaborate and get work done. Founded in 2005 and with a growing global reach, our customers cut across every major industry and include more than half of all Fortune 500 companies.
Today, Adaptavist leverages its deep technical understanding of Atlassian and innovative partnership with Slack to help organisations embrace new ways of working to achieve competitive advantage.
Through trusted consultancy, app development, training, hosting, and licensing solutions, Adaptavist has established itself as the go-to partner of choice within the Atlassian Ecosystem.
About the role
We are building the next generation of apps for the Atlassian ecosystem and beyond, and UX is at the forefront of Adaptavist growth and maturity. We have seen a positive response to the expertise UX brings to proposition development and design, and we are looking for an additional UX Researcher to help us deliver some exciting user focussed products and experiences. This role will help shape research on our growing portfolio of apps for tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Trello, Bitbucket, Slack and Trello.
Working with Senior UR and UX designers, you’ll be responsible for championing customer centric design and influencing the research gathering insights to drive product development focussed on customer needs. You’ll demonstrate the value of UX research to teams and lead them through the key stages of the UX research process from discovery through to delivery and ongoing feedback, using the appropriate research methods and tools to drive high quality and consistent inputs into the innovation and proposition development process.
You are currently a research practitioner, keen to make the next step in your career. Maybe you are currently agency side keen to lead on projects from the imagine stage to delivery. Or you are client side looking to apply your skills and expertise to a new challenge. Or maybe you have another story to tell us; the stage is yours. Wherever you are in your research journey, if this sounds like a role for you, get in touch.
Some of the things you'll do
- Supporting a UX centre of excellence
- Become the expert on our customers and their needs
- Help develop the research agenda
Champion UX and research by evangelising the benefits and demonstrating its power through practical application.
Implement knowledge and expertise in UX Research, along with our robust approaches, to deliver high quality and consistent outputs.
Help create and maintain a central knowledge base of our customers so that the value of the research conducted is optimised.
Develop and evolve the understanding of our customers by conducting research
Deliver insightful analysis of our customers and their needs which leads to commercially viable opportunities.
Communicate the understanding of the customer and their needs in a way that engages and resonates at all levels within Adaptavist.
Build relationships with Adaptavist teams to understand their priorities and needs both at a strategic and tactical level.
Act as the ‘glue’ to identify opportunities to maximise the power of research and it’s value across Adaptavist.
Ensure that research projects are delivered on time and within budget.
What we're looking for
- A research practitioner, either in UX or with a deep understanding of using customer centric research in innovation or new proposition development
- Demonstrable experience working in and leading cross functional teams
- Experience managing core stakeholders, in particular UX designers and Product Management teams
- Ability to inspire teams to deliver research inputs to the required standards (e.g. stimulus, prototypes etc)
- Experience and comfortable with shaping, planning and managing multiple research programs
- Ability to recruit participants, in particular in hard to reach audiences
- Experience moderating research sessions
- Strong capabilities to identify Adaptavist's research needs and turn these into effective research programs
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- A willingness to learn
- Self-starting, strongly ambitious and tenacious: willing to go the extra mile
A few nice to haves
- Experience within a fast-paced, fast-growth Tech start-up environment
- Experience working with SaaS products
- A member of the Market Research Society (or country equivalent)
Please check out our website to review our global benefits!
At Adaptavist, we are committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive community, and believe this positively impacts both the creation of our innovative products and our delivery of bespoke solutions to our global customers and our own unique culture. We encourage all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, race, sexual orientation, religion or belief, sex, gender identity, pregnancy and maternity, marriage, and civil partnership status. From our family-friendly policies to our flexible work environment we offer a range of benefits and policies in order to support staff from all different backgrounds. If you have any questions, please do ask us. We look forward to your application!