Senior Product Designer
The NBA, NBPA, and Dapper Labs have teamed up to create NBA Top Shot, a revolutionary new experience in which jaw-dropping plays and unforgettable highlights become collectibles that you can own forever. NBA Top Shot is a first-of-its-kind officially-licensed NBA experience. NBA fans can truly own a piece of the action and trade with friends for real money in a new kind of hoops economy. NBA Top Shot launched in Beta 3 months ago and has since seen accelerated growth, crossing the $15M+ milestone for all-time sales on NBA Top Shot—$8M last week alone.
We’re hiring a full-time Product Designer to join NBA Top Shot’s Product Design team.
The Product Design team’s mission is to create seamless and fun experiences for Top Shot. Our work is collaborative and fast-paced; our culture thrives on the principle of continuous learning and development. We engage in regular design reviews and design presentations to ensure we’re building knowledge and expertise across the Dapper portfolio. Every day you will work with a world-class team to defy the limits of what audiences can expect from our products.
About the role:
- Utilize your full range of product design and user interface design skills, from ideation with product managers to working with engineers implementing your detailed mocks, to produce best-in-class UX/UI that helps define a new category of collecting
- Drive tangible improvements for users, addressing their biggest concerns, and deliver compelling experiences that will have basketball fans and collectors sharing with their inner circle
- Synthesize the energy behind our highly competitive pack drops and thread this spirit through all layers of the product, tying together features into compelling and satisfying game loops
- Balance the speed, quality, and consistency of design with thoughtful consideration to design versioning to deliver user value with every build Collaborate with the Creative team to execute on NBA-caliber assets
- Work directly with NBA Top Shot’s Design and Creative team while reporting to Dapper Labs’ Design Director Courtney McNeil
About Dapper Labs:
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $50M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Dapper team members are humble and curious builders who share a passion to make the world a more open and empowering place through adoption of decentralized systems. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
More about Dapper Labs:
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members with perks that make their lives better by offering:
○ Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
○ Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
○ Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
○ Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
○ Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
○ When we can safely return to our office, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!