Passionate to eat better, Infarm was founded in Berlin in 2013 by Osnat Michaeli and the brothers Erez and Guy Galonska. With the aim to share the goodness of own-grown produce with everyone, they developed a smart modular farming system, that allows distribution of farms throughout the urban environment, growing fresh produce in any available space and fulfilling any market demand.
Today, with cutting edge R&D, patented technologies, and a leading multi-disciplinary team, Infarm is growing a global farming network helping cities become self-sufficient in their food production while significantly improving the safety, quality, and environmental footprint of our food.
Be part of the Infarm (r)evolution and help people to take back ownership of their food.
Who you are
- You're excited about our vision to reshape the food industry.
- You believe diversity, collaboration and teamwork are key drivers for success.
- You thrive in an environment where you can take ownership and solve hard problems.
- You love a challenge and want to do well while doing good.
- You want to expand your horizons and grow with us as we grow.
INFARM is an indoor farming company that combines highly efficient vertical farming with IoT technologies and Data Science. Our mission is to help cities become self-sufficient in their food production, eliminating waste and reducing the environmental impact.
We are currently seeking a passionate and talented UX designer to join our creative team. The ideal candidate should have 3 to 4 years of full time relevant working experience and a strong portfolio with a clear emphasis on UCD methodology applied to case study for consumer and B2B oriented projects.
Previous working experiences with internal operational tools development are strongly preferred.
As UX Designer, you will collaborate with our design, software, and operation teams to create professional design solutions to develop the future of indoor farming digital products to the operational workflow of our service.
You will actively participate and potentially lead all stages of concept development including qualitative and quantitative research, pain point analysis, information hierarchy analysis, prototype development, usability testing.
- Drive interdisciplinary projects through iterative UCD design methodology and tools (e.g. in depth interview, user shadowing, user diary, workshop)
- Define key use cases & scenarios and communicate it through user journeys, service blueprints, persona & storyboards to the product manager and engineering team.
- Visualise and communicate new potential concepts & directions using relevant methods (wireframes, flows, mockups and prototype…)
- Transform users needs and expectations into polished design propositions.
- Proactively seek for consensus between users' expectations and technological limitations.
- Clearly present digestible design process deliverables to the engineering team.
- Bachelors, Masters or equivalent UX/Interaction Design degree.
- Minimum 3-4 years of full-time UX & UI design experience in agile consumer-focused, high-performance startup organizations.
- Experience in developing usability oriented tools for B2B operational purposes is a strong plus.
- Deep working & proven knowledge in user experience including wireframing, user flow mapping, pain point analysis, platform parity analysis, and information hierarchy analysis.
- Experience working with User-centric design approach with a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative methods including in-depth interviews, remote research, prototype testing, usability testing, surveys, market landscape analysis.
- Strong ability to translate research findings into relevant insights for developers, product owners and other stakeholders.
- Required knowledge: Adobe creative suite
- Preferred prototyping tools: Adobe XD, Sketch, InVision, Axure,.
- Documentation tools: Jira and Confluence,
- Working knowledge with SCRUM/ KANBAN.
- Attention to detail (write “I love basil” in your cover letter :) )
- English fluency with strong verbal and written communication is a must.
Please send inquiries with your resume and portfolios (web or pdf, etc). Make sure to at least integrate a link to your portfolio in your CV or resume. Application with no portfolio will be disregarded.
What we offer
- The opportunity to join Infarm as we expand across the globe and help change the future of farming
- The ability to drive impact and be a true partner to the business, working closely with top-level managers
- A friendly work environment with a diverse group of motivated, talented, and visionary colleagues
- 30 days of vacation plus an extra day off on your birthday
- Monthly BVG ticket
- Fresh herbs to take home
- Lunch provided 3 days a week in the Berlin HQ
- Coffee, tea, fresh and healthy snacks and Friday drinks when in the Berlin HQ!
Infarm is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to grow an inclusive environment, where everyone can thrive, regardless of your background and circumstances. We nurture diversity because we appreciate the uniqueness and differences between people. Each employee’s distinctive experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints helps us build a resilient environment, where we can all learn, grow, and create great things together. All applicants are given equal opportunity regardless of age, gender identity or expression, language, disability, ethnic origin, national origin, religion, belief, culture, socio-economic status, or sexual orientation.