Principal UX Designer
The in short
As a Principal UX Designer, you’ll be overseeing our European (Middle-East and African) region. You’ll be the UX ambassador for the region, representing best practice CX/UX and User Research in customer engagements. Being on the front lines, you will have the unique opportunity to gather first-hand knowledge from banks and their customers on how they use our products, in turn feeding this knowledge back into R&D.
Meet the job
Your user experience design skills are unparalleled. You are confident in the design decisions you make; which are informed by data, customer input, user input and your natural talent in design as a whole. As this role also relies quite heavily on your consulting skills, you will discover opportunities to engage with a wide variety of customers from around the region. This is where your communication skills will shine and where you collaboratively, with your team, find solutions to all the challenges that come with software development and where you are unafraid of going into uncharted creative territories.
You lead by example, adopting the Backbase product and expertly implementing it. You advise customers on all aspects of Customer Experience from branding and visual design to experience design and information architecture. You support your team with your understanding of the Backbase products which you actively maintain through regular engagement with the R&D department.
How about you
- Proactive, with a natural enthusiasm for sharing User Experience insights to a wide range of team members and stakeholders;
- A natural curiosity in the ‘how and why’ people use banking and financial apps;
- Either a seasoned leader who has relevant experience, or someone with the right background looking to take on a more senior challenge;
- Practical experience with handling challenging conversations with design leadership and other customer stakeholders;
- Proven management capability and capacity to strike a balance between short term, tactical efforts and long term, strategic efforts;
- More than 8 years professional experience in the domain of UX, with at least 5 years in Customer Success or customer facing roles;
- You have at least 3 years People Management experience including recruitment;
- A degree in Digital Design, Social Sciences, HCI, Interaction Design or similar areas (Master’s degree a plus);
- Some experience in brand and marketing communications is a definite plus;
- A good understanding of implementing software under a SaaS model;
- Ability to travel when required;