Senior Product Designer
Picture this: starting work every morning fresh and focused, investigating the present and imagining the future. In the present, how do our 15,000 users interact with Trengo? In the future, how do our ideal end-to-end customer flows look like? And firstly, what are their biggest pain points? We would like you to reach your own answer, however ambitious, empowering or fantastic it may be.
Imagine, as well, having the opportunity to lay the foundation of a design culture. I hope the idea of 3x growth excites you, because this is what we did last year and also what we aim for in 2021. Smart, clean, easy - this is your vision for the user interface of Trengo.
Trengo is a fast-growing start-up that is building the next generation inbox. We make it easy for customer-facing teams to collaborate on conversations via channels such as email, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, voice, and website chat in one shared inbox. With a 1.75M investment from Peak Capital, we are strengthening our position in the Netherlands and accelerating our rapid growth in Europe.
What your day looks like
Let's break down this big vision into a little taste of your work at Trengo.
• You set metrics in place and then analyse how our customers interact with our platform, what their pain points are.
• You conduct quantitative and qualitative user research and evaluate user feedback.
• We trust you to contribute to the design systems. You define and execute innovative visual design stages for the Trengo product, with best practices and the customer experience in mind.
• You create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, customer journeys, process flows and site maps to communicate unique interaction and design ideas.
• You simplify: you bring user-friendly solutions to complex design roadblocks.
• You are not alone, but in close touch with Ayden (the product manager), Max (product designer), Patrick (CEO) and the tech team. They are here to empower and enable you at your work and despise micromanagement as much as you (hopefully) do.
What we expect
Now that you know a bit about us, can you tell me a bit about you? I hope you can identify with some of these:
• You are creative. Maybe even a little bit crazy. Have fun, do what you gotta do to get a reaction from our users, to engage them, to charm them.
• You get energy from guiding the company to reach a common vision and a consistent brand identity.
• You've done this before, with a sense of responsibility, for about 4+ years. We are open to you telling us what you can achieve. In your portfolio, we'd like to see: research, IA, UI, some UX too.
• For us, data and empathy go together. You need to know how to look at data to understand the behaviors of our customers. You judge your work by how it performs for them. You are free to set up these metrics yourself.
• The 'why' of your final designs is your understanding of the empathy map and the psychology of users.
• You would love to collaborate with Max as your partner in crime for maturing the UI of Trengo.
• You use Figma or Sketch and prototype in Framer, Principle or the like.
• It would be nice if you had the structure and determination to lead more and more complex projects.
What we offer
This is what we carefully prepared for you:
• A competitive salary.
• Everything you need to work safely and comfortably from home during the pandemic: 4k screen, MacBook, noise-canceling headphones, desk, chair etc.
• When we say 'everything', we also mean great work-life balance. If you're more productive in the morning or only have bursts of creativity in the middle of the night, go for it.
• Finding yourself in a fast-growing company, where your career can evolve: we would be 50 people now if you join and we're aiming to be 110 in team Trengo, by the end of the year. 2020 was epic and, best believe it, 2021 is looking bright on our side.
• For when we're back in the office: you can bet we have delicious warm lunches together. Also, your expenses for traveling to happy Utrecht will be reimbursed.
Now what? Don’t worry, I understand if you don’t know what to do right now, you like what you read but you still have questions before deciding to move forward. This is why I am here: I am Laura, a kind and inclusive recruiter. Happy to clarify any doubts, so you can make a good decision, whichever that is. If you are not ready to apply yet, email me your questions: firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are ready, talk to you soon.