Junior UI/UX Designer
Do you want to be part of a world-leading mobile games studio? We are an international team of more than 330 talented Socialpointers, based in sunny and cosmopolitan Barcelona. We create amazing games, positioned in the top rankings of both iOS and Android, played and loved by over 50 million fans all over the world.
Join us and help us make this year the breakout year in mobile social gaming.
Socialpoint is currently hiring a Junior UI/UX Designer to come work on a range of exciting projects. We are interested in connecting with people who are professional, passionate about video games, a true problem solver, detail-oriented, a true team worker with leadership and organization skills.
What will you do at Socialpoint?
- You will start working in a new brand game creating top quality UI screens, assets and animations taking ownership of the integration in Unity.
- Work closely with developers, designers and artists in a collaborative environment with the support from a Senior UI/UX Designer in your team.
- You will be able to take ownership of information organisation, prioritisation and navigation flow in the game you work on.
- Benchmark competition and extract key insights that apply to your game’s UI/UX.
- Be ready to grow: we consider UI/UX part of the design team. While solid skills in UI art and implementation is the requirement for this position, we provide a growth environment so, in the long run, all UI/UX designers are able to design game features and lead UX Research.
What are we looking for?
- UI Art portfolio with games examples.
- At least one year working in the mobile game industry as UI artist/designer, or involvement in Game Jams or indie projects.
- Relevant education in UI or game development.
- Proficient user of Unity and Photoshop a requirement; mastery of Adobe XD, Protopie and/or After Effects or equivalent tools are strong bonuses.
- Excellent written and verbal English skills.
What’s in it for you?
- To keep our employees safe, we are working remotely until further notice. This hasn’t stopped us from offering these great benefits!:
- You’ll get the newest and most powerful devices and equipment to work with, along with a Spotify Premium account
- An impressive 25 days annual leave, not including public holidays!
- Private medical insurance, just in case.
- Free Language Lessons.
- People development is key for us: an amazing training budget just for you and our internal mobility program offers real growth opportunities!
And when we return to the office later this year:
- Monday breakfast + delicious daily lunch menus!
- We have a brand new gym, football and basketball teams along with a fantastic physiotherapist.
- “An apple a day keeps the doctor away” so we get fresh fruit at the office every day!
- Monthly events are there to get you to know your colleagues.
- Drop by our hairdresser’s for a trim (and forget your wallet).
- If you are new to sunny Barcelona you can also join our Newbies Club: we offer weekend activities once a month, Spanish lessons and help with all your boring paperwork!