The web was created by scientists and for scientists, to foster scientific collaboration and drive progress for a better world. Join our team to take the web back to its roots and achieve that original mission.
We’re a team of passionate optimists from around the world and from many different backgrounds. Together, we focus on changing the way scientists communicate for the better.
We connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Objective of the Role
Do you want to use your skills and experience to do something great? The lead product manager position at ResearchGate offers the opportunity to have a direct influence on one of the most important problems there is; increasing scientific productivity.
We are looking for a senior product leader who is interested in leading a high-output process to deliver exceptional products. You must be data-driven, an excellent communicator, possess excellent UX skills and most of all, believe in our mission.
- Assume ownership and responsibility for your product area and continuously improve it by understanding the market trends and customer needs
- Define, develop, and execute a clear product strategy (including go-to-market) together with a leads from other functions
- Create sustainable value for researchers and customers through definition, development and implementation of product initiatives in-line with the product vision
- Launch and drive new revenue streams that align with our product vision and help us achieve our mission
- Develop your product area, including hiring and mentoring other PMs
- Run a data-informed product development process that leverages both qualitative and quantitative insights
- Price and position your products in the market to maximize growth
- Define, track and analyze KPIs that inform the success rate of product development
- Cooperate and coordinate with relevant stakeholders (Software engineering, UX, Product Management, Sales) to achieve collective objectives
- Experience building successful products
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to define problems, collect & analyze data and generate valuable insights
- Excellent UX and product instincts honed through years of experience
- Expert knowledge in defining, analyzing, and responding to product KPIs
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with agile product-development processes
- Very good command of English required
ResearchGate was founded in 2008 by three friends who believed it was possible to connect all of the world’s scientists.
We started out with just a handful of members. By 2011, one million ResearchGate members discussed their research questions and shared advice in the then newly launched forums.
By 2015, four complete rounds of financing had fueled ResearchGate’s growth and investors included Benchmark Capital, Founders Fund, Bill Gates, Tenaya Capital, Goldman Sachs, Wellcome Trust, and Four Rivers Group.
Today, 15 million scientists connect on the network, collaborate, and share their research. They report on their research as it happens and get feedback to make progress faster. They post 500 questions and give 2000 answers daily. They find jobs that fit their interests and research profiles. They connect to universities and companies through advertising solutions.
We’re now closer than ever to fulfilling our mission to connect the world of science and make research open to all.
Our hiring process is uncomplicated. You'll be interviewed by the people you'll be working with, so we can quickly find the role that suits you best and lets you start making an impact straight away.
You'll be working in a dynamic company culture with the chance to individually shape your professional development and growth. Enjoy an energetic and international team who are passionate about changing science for the better.
We’re located at the heart of Berlin, one of the most exciting cities in the world and a place where people from all walks of life feel welcome.
We continue to closely monitor the evolving situation with Covid-19, with the protection of the health and safety of our people being our highest priority. All interviews will be conducted virtually (via phone or video).