Senior Product Designer
In partnership with a global conglomerate, BCGDV is launching its latest HealthTech venture and now hiring the future employees who will take over the reins from the current incubation team. Leveraging the reach and connectivity of our corporate partner, in combination with the business building expertise of BCGDV, we will be able to quickly connect with our target demographic, understand their needs and become the go to partner for mental well-being in Germany.
In order to achieve these goals, we are looking to hire a high-performing team to ensure the continuity of the venture and build on the work done during incubation.
We are seeking a Senior Product Designer who will shape the end-to-end direction of the product and content design. You must have excellent product design skills (UX & UI), proven communication skills, the ability to help shape product strategy, and the willingness to roll up your sleeves and build your own designs. This role combines hands-on design work with growing and managing a team in the future.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Shape the end-to-end direction of product design and content design together with the content team
- Navigate between research and design and create an understanding and empathy around user needs
- Conduct user research and provide well-informed recommendations in both written and visual format (e.g. sketches, journeys, design flows, prototypes)
- Help shape future product enhancements, new features and prepare design to scale
- Experience with user testing and in translating user research and usability test findings into iterative design solutions
- Improve and iterate on existing content and exercises of individual programs
- Partner with different stakeholders to establish a shared vision by building consensus on priorities, leading to sound product design and execution
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Engineers, Content Strategists to research, design and deliver experiences from conception until launch and continuous iteration
- Guide the team and develop best practices for ensuring a high bar of quality
- Mentor other designers on the team to promote craft and a culture of design excellence
What you’ll need:
- Strong track record of designing, shipping, and following through (working on the iterations after) for multiple B2C products
- Preferably experience working with a content team and with a content heavy product where you have used prototyping as a means to explore and convey content and design solutions
- You have the breadth of product design skills (Hybrid UX and UI) and an understanding of how to move from validated problems to pixel perfect design in a fast-paced environment
- You have a people-focused design mentality. You enjoy solving problems, big and small, glamorous and not, for all kinds of users
- You are intimately familiar with Figma. Know how to create usable, accessible and modular designs that scale and have solid understanding of the capabilities and constraints of several of today’s digital devices and responsive web apps
- Strong understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during the product development and design process
- You possess excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English. You are able to clearly articulate your design decisions, with fluency across product, engineering and other business functions
- Previous experience working in a product focused B2C start-up, ideally in a digital health start-up
- A passion for creating products in the digital-health space that resonate emotionally with people
BCG Digital Ventures is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
After clicking “Apply”, you will be asked to submit your contact details and resume/CV. To read how BCG Digital Ventures GmbH processes your information, click here. Processing is based on your consent and you may withdraw it at any time.