Technical UX Writer
Create the first software platform that merges cutting edge technology, human coaching, social learning, and mentorship aimed at creating the highest caliber leaders at all levels of the company, ultimately driving innovation, scale, and the bottom line.
We succeed by being extremely focused on delivering compelling, scalable, intentional end-to-end solutions for the problems of our customers and their employees. Our platform will enable Employee, Team, and Organization - Engagement » Insight » Action » Growth.
How do we do this? Insert the Product Design Lifecycle… Empathize, Define, Ideate, Prototype, Test, Build, Measure (repeat). We must understand our users and customers in a deep and unbiased way. What challenges do they face, what are their needs, what drives them, what excites them, what makes them do what they do, why, why, why, why, why...only then can we effectively come up with truly impactful solutions.
Be Torch’s first hire to own the product documentation and content experiences helping our customers and internal teams get everything they need from our products. You will work closely with product managers, product designers, communication designers, engineers, customer success, and support to produce release notes, training manuals, help guides, and in-app content for the user, the buyer, the admin, and the developer.
This position is an important addition to our growing Product team and a key player in the success and enablement of Torch and our customers. Torch is a hybrid remote and distributed team with offices in San Francisco, Buffalo and New York. At the moment, everyone is working remotely with the option to return to those offices when it is safe.
- Work within and improve our document organization and management processes
- Ensure we have comprehensive and standardized documentation coverage of the Torch platform
- Collaborate and confer with stakeholders to document subject material and technical specifications
- Inform and provide content experiences in a thoughtful and inclusive manner
- Research, propose and implement customer-specific documentation solutions
- Always have an eye on user feedback in order to make ongoing improvements in documentation
- 2-4 years experience directly related to developing technical and/or product information within an agile environment
- Deep understanding of technical writing conventions
- Ability to comprehend and clearly communicate complex technical data
- Highly motivated with an ‘always be learning’ mindset
- Experience working with video for help and training walkthroughs
Fully covered medical, dental, and vision401k retirement planPaid parental leaveFlexible vacation and remote work policiesGenerous professional development stipendCommuter stipend for public transportation
Backed by top tier investors, Torch is a fast growing, mission-driven startup made up of psychologically oriented people who are passionate about helping leaders achieve their potential. Torch's platform provides coaches, their clients, and our customers with actionable insights into client and organizational strengths and challenges.
We believe leadership matters. The world needs conscious leaders driving invention, inspiration and innovation to solve the biggest opportunities and challenges of our time. Torch exists to create these leaders.
Torch is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. That being said, currently candidates must have authorization to work in the US. We’re building our team to move the world (and ourselves) toward greater leadership. If that sounds worthwhile to you, join us.