UX Design Lead
12traits is ushering in a new era of experience management by enabling personalization optimized for human potential and health. We enable global leaders and companies of all sizes across the gaming and healthcare industries to create and manage personalized experiences while obtaining a deeper level of audience understanding than ever before through our psychologically-based AI.
12traits is the empathy engine of digital experiences. We provide our clients with the right insights and tools which empower them - for the first time in the digital age - to truly resonate with their customers and end users. Our user experience team is at the heart of turning the platform that empowers this next generation of digital resonance into a memorable and delightful experience for our customers and users. As a design lead of this team, you will work within a world-class team of designers, researchers, product managers, engineers as well as data scientists to build the 12traits’ platform and products. As a UX Design Lead, you will drive the UX efforts within your team and across 12traits, set the bar for excellence and push UX boundaries while creating stunning experiences our customers will simply love to interact with every single day.
If you want to join a purpose-driven company, thrive on solving challenging problems, are intellectually curious and constantly want to learn as well as grow, enjoy high performance environments, are highly productive compared to your peers and a true team player, then read on and apply - we are looking for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead UX efforts within the team: actively partake in experience planning, direct UX design, drive user-centered discussions, and coordination UX efforts while being able to adapt the experience to quickly changing business and customer needs.
- Assist, lend expertise, mentor, and formally direct junior UX designers: providing goals, career insight and guidance.
- Drive UX team delivery excellence: set an example and create opportunities to foster collaborative cross-discipline dynamics.
- Deeply understand user behavior, psychology, and motivations to determine best UX solutions: work with research to leverage qualitative and quantitative research methods such as contextual inquiry, surveys, A/B testing, and experimental design to gain and apply deep user insights.
- Design solutions: strategy, sketches, mind maps, flow charts, wireframes, mockups and interactive prototypes while iterating based on data from research. Know when different UX methods are appropriate given scope, including the strengths and weaknesses of various methods.
- Prepare production files, documentation, and specs for UI designers and developers while knowing when detailed documentation is needed and when it is not.
- Leverage and extend the use of established UX techniques, templates, presentations, and assets for UX analysis, solutions, and materials: foster UX artefact reuse and consistency across team members and projects optimized for actionability and speed.
- Push UX boundaries: explore the latest emerging trends through independent research and share that information with your team and fellow UX designers, fostering a human-centered design-base culture.
- Drive awareness: advocate the importance of human-computer interaction challenges and opportunities, user feedback, journey mapping and data-driven decisions in designing the end-to-end user experience within 12traits.
- Regularly assesses the 12traits experience, collaborating with product owners to prioritize any critical issues found.
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s degree preferred) in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), psychology, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience as a user experience designer
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Passion for user-centered design with a fascination for understanding human psychology and gaming as it applies to bettering human experience.
- Master of the UX lifecycle (concept to market roll out to continuous improvement) with deep, direct experience in all skill areas and tools, including facilitation of workshops or other collaboration techniques to drive momentum and credibility within the organization.
- Expert at translating business and user requirements into design goals.
- Experience and examples creating SaaS environments, websites, interactive spaces, or apps without supervision.
- Examples of UX strategy work.
- Examples of prototypes, wireframe production, process flows, personas, journey mapping, and information architecture.
- Identify team needs, recruit, nurture, mentor, and maintain best-in-class design talent as well as a highly functional team.
- Ability to respond to unplanned requests and provide design solutions in a rapid-paced environment while still maintaining quality with rigorous prioritization.
- A curious and critical thinker, able to articulate complex ideas with humility, professionalism, and a healthy dose of humor.
- Independent, organized yet flexible, and able to prioritize and manage your time effectively without losing sight of the big picture.
- Experience working across teams while identifying and collaborating with key stakeholders to synthesize feedback and input.
- You are typically able to complete 3x the work at an incredibly high quality level compared to peers.
- A team player, open to critiques from all disciplines, and seeking feedback while constantly choosing growth over being right.
- Proactive and straightforward, demonstrating excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience presenting to senior executives.
- Passion for being meticulous and detail-oriented.
HOW YOU STAND OUT
- Has worked for game service providers, with psychometrics, or other experience management platforms and service providers.
- Demonstrated experience in and deep understanding of B2B, AI, and SaaS product best design practices.
- Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer expectations.