We make small businesses more successful through better banking.
Our company is looking for a UI Designer to join our growing team as we enter a new phase of expansion 🚀 We are a Toronto, New York and San Francisco-based, venture-backed startup at the heart of the FinTech movement that is shaping the way financial services are delivered.
Our company’s purpose is to eliminate the pain that small business owners face through their financial management and banking. To achieve this, we’re rebuilding business banking from the ground up. Imagine you could start with a clean slate and think of a different way to deliver banking to small businesses. What would you change? What would you keep? These are the decisions that we make every day.
NorthOne is a mobile, tech-powered bank account built for startups, freelancers, and small/medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Poor financial literacy has an outsized impact on the costs and failure rates amongst SMBs, and we are on a mission to eliminate these problems. We are more than a banking platform, we are the world-class Finance Department that SMBs could never afford.
We ❤ design. Our Lead Designer has a decade of experience working with inspiring companies across the world. Our COO has helped build brands like Frank and Oak and has lectured at SXSW. Oh, and our CEO? 6 years at McKinsey working on digital customer experience in financial services. We’re building a product that solves real pain vs. the imagined kind. Feeling it?
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Creating, deploying, and iterating on product requirements through well-built prototypes and thoughtful usability tests
- Helping to create deliverables that meet brand, product, and stakeholder requirements
- Collaborating with our team of product managers and product designers to build out functional product features based on data-driven, user-centric insights
Today you might be a Mobile Product Designer, Product Designer, Interaction Designer or the equivalent in your company...or something that we haven’t heard of yet - we keep an open mind.
The skills required for this role:
- Expert knowledge of modern design tools (Adobe, Figma, Sketch)
- Strong experience with end-to-end product design process. You've designed products or features in customer-facing apps and experiences
- You love taking requirements and benchmarks and building beautiful, functional product features based on them
- You're a pro at wireframing and prototyping mobile apps, and testing those concepts with real people
- You have a strong perspective on what good product looks and feels like - and love discussing your ideas
- You’ve worked at a fast-growing startup
- You have worked on a widely-used mobile app or SaaS product
- You want to work on a product that's mission driven and has a major impact on the lives of its users
If you are this close to what we’ve described but aren’t sure, apply. Let’s figure out together if this is where you could shine.
Our mission is big and audacious, but we're assembling a team to take the challenge head-on.
As a UI Designer, you'll be joining a team that prioritizes:
- People: Our company is more than just a business. We’re a band of brothers and sisters supporting each other on our mission to rebuild business banking. We’re really serious about mission, fit, and the people we work with. You’ll be part of a rapidly scaling team that reflects these values and keeps this place special.
- Diversity: You'll find yourself in an environment that values diversity and inclusivity. Excellence doesn't come in one flavor and neither should we.
- Leadership: You’re right in the thick of it, making critical decisions that will clear our path forward.
We offer full health/dental benefits, competitive compensation, and one hell of an adventure.
If you recognize yourself in this job description, let's talk.
NorthOne is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. We welcome all applicants regardless of race, colour, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, disability status or national origin.