Senior UX Designer
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet. Our ideal candidate for this role will sit in our Denver office once it is safe to do so.
How You’ll Do It
As a Senior User Experience Designer, you’ll help our engineering, underwriting, business, and product teams solve the most important problems getting and using workers’ compensation Insurance.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll create wireframes, high-fidelity prototypes, lead stakeholder designs reviews, and conduct usability testing. In addition, you’ll also be responsible for maintaining the Pie Design System. You’ll work closely with and report to the UX Team Lead to deliver new functionality to our Partner Portal, Online Account, and Leadgen Quote Flow.
The Right Stuff
- 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, product designer, or similar role.
- Successfully owned the design of numerous end-to-end multi-page transaction flows for B2B or B2C.
- Experience designing enterprise applications.
- Have created and/or managed an internal UX design system.
- Expert-level capabilities with design tools, particularly Adobe XD.
- Have used Google Analytics, Mixpanel, MouseFlow or similar data analytics software to generate actionable enhancements to achieve the business’s goals.
- Have led user feedback sessions including the creation of test plans and result readouts.
- Experience leading design reviews with business stakeholders.
- Excels in an Agile environment.
- Go above and beyond the responsibilities of UX when needed by assisting in product planning, testing, and any other area of need.
- Assertive, collaborative and well organized—with the ability to challenge the status quo and drive innovation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working with remote team members in different time zones.
- Working knowledge of HTML, CSS, and front-end development languages is a plus.
- Must be able to show a portfolio of past projects.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave