Senior Product Designer
Our vision is to transform K-12 learning by making it fun and personalized for every child globally and to prepare them for the skills required in 21st-century. With more than 30M+ students onboard, we are the fastest growing elementary math program in the United
States. Backed by Accel Partners and many more prominent investors, SplashLearn has won almost all Ed-tech awards ranging from Stevie Award for best Ed-tech product, Tabby award for best business, Parents Choice Award, Best App Ever Award, and many others. We believe, this is just the beginning.
To help us get to the next stage and to reach 100M+ students worldwide, we are looking for highly motivated individuals with a passion for building high performing teams.
We pride ourselves on being a workplace loved by our employees. We believe in creating a culture that is pure passion & achievement-driven. No man-made problems here- politics, bureaucracy, lack of clarity/purpose- that's a promise.
The only problems you'd find here are intrinsic to the audacious goals we have for ourselves. And these are the problems that our employees really cherish having. We're here to work hard, party hard and make history!
Don't believe us? Check out our Glassdoor and find out what interviewees & employees have to say about us.
SplashLearn is a design focussed organization and design team plays a central role in helping create user-friendly products.
One of the most exciting parts about working with us is the domain we operate in. Most Product Designers on the team value the meaningfulness in their work while building products with a real impact on young children. As a SAAS based product, that also has a free B2B offering for teachers, we have a wide range of problems to go after from conversion to retention to growth.
We also have a deep emphasis on learning & improvement and you'll find all kinds of cool opportunities to learn from your peers and from industry experts here.
About the role
In this role, you will be responsible for making compelling user experiences (motion designs, interaction models, prototypes, character animations, etc.) that raise the bar. You will work closely with product management, marketing, and engineering teams to make the product more engaging. You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open and collaborative peer environment. You must have an understanding of design thinking and user experience design principles. You are the best fit if you can easily visualize an experience in the abstract and then drive that vision into solid design deliverables.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate the product’s vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Four or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in standard UX software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, Adobe Suite and the like is a must. Basic HTML5, CSS3 skills are a plus.
- Ability to work with the team to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet the products’s needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and stakeholders.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design and design thinking.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model, to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.