Posted 2 years ago
Apply for this job
Binti’s mission is to increase equality of opportunity and help every person have a fair chance at life. With over 400,000 youth in foster care in the United States, we are reinventing child welfare through technology to help every child find a safe, loving, and stable family. We partner with state, county and private foster care agencies around the country, helping them recruit and approve foster parents more quickly and empowering social workers by eliminating administrative paperwork. Our software also helps match families with children and helps track services to biological families to get on their feet and reunify with their children. Binti currently works with over 140 foster care agencies across 22 states. Rhode Island, New Mexico, Hawaii and Washington have signed on to make our software their statewide solution.
Our goal is to be the end-to-end modular child welfare data system solution. Our Approvals and Placements modules are widely used and have significantly improved outcomes. Agencies working with us have approved 80% more families on average in their first year of using Binti, with a 16% reduction in time to approve and 20-40% savings in social worker time. Our Case Management module is completing a pilot with our existing agencies and will be more widely available very soon. We are also expanding our team to further develop 3 additional modules.
Binti is a mission-driven software company based in Oakland, CA. We have raised our Series A led by Founders Fund and other investors include First Round Capital and Kapor Capital.
The product team at Binti is striving to make the complicated uncomplicated. We believe it’s possible to improve outcomes in child welfare through the design of our product, and make it simpler-- allowing workers, families, and young people in care to focus on the best interest of the child, while still collecting essential data and maintaining high security. You will be an integral part of the product team - collaborating on understanding the problems users face, and translating ideas and workflows into beautiful designs that are easy to learn.
As Binti’s first dedicated product designer, you’ll have ownership in defining the design systems we’ll use across Binti apps. In collaboration with our visual and brand designer, you’ll define the visual language and design standards at Binti. You’ll dive into user problems with the product team to understand areas of user workflows, needs, and pain points, and translate these ideas into experiences that improve worker efficiency, encourage data entry, and eliminate user error. You’ll work directly with users to improve the current product, as well as work on wireframes and designs for new modules and workflows.
- Collaborate with Product managers in early stage research, ideation, and problem solving, to understand user pain points and ideate on solutions
- Design and iterate on wireframes and interfaces based in alignment with the product roadmap - New features and modules, and improved workflows, reports, and home screens
- Audit and analyze the current product through data and user interviews to find opportunities for improvement
- Conduct competitive audits and share research on best practices to inform design direction
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering to implement your designs and ideas most efficiently
- Work with engineers in real-time to QA and adapt designs.Lead accessibility-oriented thinking at Binti
- Collaborate with Binti’s visual and marketing designer to build and contribute to design standards at Binti in a way that supports diversity, accessibility, and ease of use
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years experience in UX/UI design -- B2B or enterprise software experience a plus
- Ability to dig into the root of the problem and understand user needs and pain points
- Strong UX wireframing skills AND strong visual design skills
- Accessibility-first design minded
- Proven aptitude to iterate on existing designs, and design from the ground up
- Driven by simplificationExperience with mobile + responsive design
- Experience conducting user research and creating user journeys a plus
- Collaborative spirit working with Product and Engineering teams
- No ego: At Binti we believe in embracing the best idea to come to a solution that works best for the user
Perks & Benefits
- Great medical, dental, and vision benefits
- 12 total paid holidays (10 Federal holidays + Juneteenth + Election Day)
- Flexible vacation with a rule-of-thumb of 20 days vacation a year (4 weeks)
- Sick/Mental Health time separate from vacation days (72 hours)
- 4 weeks of sabbatical after 4 years of service at Binti
- Paid Jury Duty
- 12 week parental bonding leave for the arrival of a newborn or newly placed infant
- Option to allocate pre-tax dollars to 401K, commuter benefits, FSA, and DCSA with administration paid for
- Focus on learning and development, with opportunities to attend trainings/conferences, on-site speaker series, and lunch and learns
- Monthly remote work from home office supply & utility cost reimbursement of up to $100
At Binti, we celebrate having a diverse team and believe our differences make us stronger. Binti is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome all qualified applicants to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.