As a Product Designer - Design Systems, you'll get to create the next version of our product's UI. You'll join a brand new design systems team to tackle this challenge. This role is a unique opportunity to get in on the ground floor of re-imagining our UI that will set us up for years of growth. We are open to this team member working remotely.
LaunchDarkly is a rapidly growing software company with a strong mission and vision carried out by a talented and diverse team of employees. Our goal is to help teams build better software, faster. You'll join a small team from companies like Atlassian, Intercom, and GitHub, and you'll have an immediate impact with our product and customers.
This role will work closely with the Head of Product Design.
What you'll do:
- Design UI components and patterns
- Own our Figma component library. Make sure the tokens and components match what's in code
- Partner with product designers on component design
- Partner with engineering to build components
- Stay in tune with the needs of designers and developers so that we're building a design system that's well-adopted and meets their needs
- Be the first customer of the design system by shipping user-facing features that use the new components and patterns
- Document the design system – how and when to use the components and patterns
- Educate product designers on how to use the design system
Who you are:
- Strong visual and interaction designer
- Experience with user-centered design methodologies (research, problem framing, user testing, etc.)
- Passionate about building design systems
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbally
You may also have (bonus skills):
- Experience designing transitions and animations
- Experience with HTML, CSS, and React so you can contribute to the code of design systems
- Have worked with the marketing team to incorporate brand attributes into product design decisions
LaunchDarkly is a Feature Management Platform that serves over 10 billion feature flags daily to help software teams build better software, faster. Feature flagging is an industry standard methodology of wrapping a new or risky section of code or infrastructure change with a flag. Each flag can easily be turned off independent of code deployment (aka ”dark launching”). LaunchDarkly has SDKs for all major web and mobile platforms. We are building a diverse team so that we can offer robust products and services. Our team culture is dynamic, friendly, and supportive.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.