Senior Product Designer
Studyportals has disrupted the way universities all around the world recruit international students. In 2020, our websites received ca. 37 million unique users. Students around the world use our platform, searching for their best matching education. At the same time, we help educators to diversify their (international) student population. This makes us the most popular study choice platform worldwide. If you believe international education can change the world, then join us and make that difference happen!
As a Senior Product Designer at Studyportals, you will play a key role in shaping how our platform looks and works to make millions of students' lives easier in their pursuit of higher education. You will work closely with our users (our main stakeholders), UX designers, product owners, developers, and commercial stakeholders.
What do we expect from you?
- Leading the visual design direction of our digital products by proactively involving UX designers, product owners and marketing team to strengthen our visual style and brand.
- Designing proposals that will make our core product more engaging and impactful.
- Helping to create more delightful experiences for our users from all around the world via visual assets such as illustrations, media, iconography, and brand graphics.
- Following our brand directions and expanding Studyportals design system.
- Contributing to our product strategy and design workflow.
Who will you work with?
You will be a part of the UXD team that works closely with product owners and developers. Our team facilitates the research and design process by talking to our users, running workshops, creating concepts, getting feedback on designs and handing those to developers. We like to collaborate, and we also want to complement each other skills. With your role, we count on you expanding our product's visual style while you can count on our support objectivity, encouragement, trust, appreciation, and inspiration.
What will you need?
- Outstanding UI design and illustrations skills and a portfolio that demonstrates it.
- Solid understanding of user-centered (web) design principles.
- Ambitious, positive, flexible, and collaborative mindset.
- Ability to reach design decisions collaboratively through facilitation, inclusion, and alignment.
- Knowledge of design tools like Sketch, Figma, Illustrator, Abstract, etc.
- Fluency in English (we are a very international team).
- 4+ years of relevant work experience.
What would be nice to have?
- Experience in promoting consistency and thinking in design systems instead of one-off solutions.
- Making decisions backed by data from user testing and relevant metrics, thereby reducing avoidable rework.
- Familiarity with user research methods (survey, semi-structured interview, A/B testing etc.) and willingness to learn and collaborate on it together with UX designers and Product owners.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban).
- Ambitious design and product team ready to collaborate with you.
- A full-time position, with a permanent contract straight away!
- 25 days paid leave (with the possibility to buy/sell 5 days).
- Competitive salary, including an excellent, performance-based bonus scheme (we like to give credit where credit is due).
- An annual personal development budget, because personal growth is KEY!
- A discount for a collective insurance package with AON, covering public and private insurances, from healthcare and home insurance to car and liability insurances.
- Extras that make life more interesting such as a laptop of your choice, fresh fruit, coffee and tea in the office, beer Fridays etc.
- Bi-weekly hack day, during which you can freely experiment with new technologies or new projects, which you choose yourself.
- Reimbursement of your work-related travel costs.
- A great company environment that is serious about fun with everything we do. That includes frequent memorable team events, table tennis, slide, karaoke nights (it’s okay if you don’t sing) etc.
- The opportunity to make our world a little better. Be at the core of the growth phase of a study choice giant that the global market is desperately waiting for.