Senior Product UX/UI Designer
Sr. Product UX/UI Designer
We are looking for a Product Designer who is passionate and opinionated about user interface design and experience to create usable, capable, and consumable products. Looking to a senior person to consistently assess, evaluate and question how to make product design and user experience better. We will be focused on building a React based solution that serves to simplify a user’s ability to access, visualize and explore large, complex datasets intuitively creating insight from analysis. We are seeking out a proactive designer who is willing to challenge the status quo. You will use our product set every day and work with customers at huge Fortune 500 companies who leverage our software assure network and application performance every day.
Reporting to the Head of Product Design and User Experience. By joining this team, you will fill a crucial role in the Product – Engineering – Design triad with an opportunity to lead and drive product vision and strategy.
- Working with product management, engineering, and other cross-functional partners to drive design vision and strategy. Help turn business objectives into customer centered solutions and steer team strategy.
- Be hands-on with interaction design, visual design, prototyping and customer research – taking problems from concept to implementation, quickly and iteratively.
- Familiar with technical / UX writing concepts can communicate/articulate designs to stakeholders.
- Licensed to be maniacal about UX. Sweat the details – UI consistency, interactions, and roadmaps/plans.
- Experience in developing high fidelity end to end designs in Figma, creating a cohesive experience, leveraging a centralized design system.
- Familiar with modern Software Development concepts, Jira, Gitlab, etc.
- Set our front-end developers up for success by working through fast iterations to bring features to life.
- Experience with working in cross functional roles with Product Management, Development and QA
- Ability to articulate and demonstrate design value.
- Have worked on remote teams and even though autonomous can self-motivate.
- Use prototyping and usability testing to inform and validate designs.
- Lead and mentor cross-functional teams of product managers, software developers, designers, and researchers to maintain, improve a usable, capable, and consumable experience across SevOne products.
- Own product design at SevOne end-to-end: including new feature discovery via UX research, ideation through every fidelity of UI design and user testing, and validation of high-quality experiences through product testing and QA
- Execute competitive research, trendspotting, and data analysis to inform UX ideation and design.
- Present and articulate design process, inspiration, and decisions to internal stakeholders including C-suite executives.
- Advocate for an amazing user experience for our users by becoming an expert in our products and our customers’ problems.
FRONT OF THE LINE PLEASE
- Experience with BI, performance analysis and data visualization tooling
- Experience with any network, infrastructure, or application performance tools
- Experience with Network Management Systems (NMS) / Operations Support Systems (OSS)
- Experience working with distributed or remote teams.
- Experience building or implementing complex design systems.
- Practitioner of product-led growth techniques
- Exhausted by buzzwords and jargon sans substance.
- Opinionated and passionate about UX.
Turbonomic is the leader in Application Resource Management (ARM). Turbonomic was named an Inc. Fastest Growing Company and a Forbes Cloud 100 Company – both for the third time. We also made the INC. Best Workplace for 2018 and 2019 list and locked in partnerships with Microsoft, AWS, Cisco and DXC to accelerate our growth. Turbonomic was founded in 2009. We’re headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts and we have offices in New York City, White Plains NY, Toronto, Australia and the United Kingdom.
Our company culture creates a workplace that values performance and transparency. This is done through our employees who naturally operate with a sense of fearlessness, collaborate often, are curious learners. You also have to like having fun - we have a lot of it. If that sounds like something you’d like to be part of, we’d love to hear from you. To learn more about our company culture, check out our careers site, our careers blog, or our employee podcast.
Benefits & Perks:
Health, dental and vision coverage – health is a #1 priority for us, we’ve got you covered.
Unlimited paid time off – flexibility boosts creativity and performance… work-life balance is important.
Pre-tax benefits – medical, dependent care, commuter, 401k.
Access to executives – we have a no-door policy, learn and collaborate with execs.
Beer Fridays, unlimited snacks, cold brew coffee on tap – physiological needs, check.
Game rooms, quiet areas and more – play a round of billiards, table tennis or grab a quiet space to focus
Career advancement – jump in, learn, grow and shape your career
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.