Who We Are:
Omaze raises funds and awareness for charities by offering the chance to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences and dream-come-true prizes. We've offered everything from a double date with John Krasinski and Emily Blunt, to a walk-on role in Star Wars, to a brand new customized Mercedes Benz sprinter van. We've given over $130M to charities around the world, from donors in 180 countries. Our vision is to be the first for-profit company to give $1B to charity in a single year, and we’re building our team of dedicated and passionate people to help us get there. That’s where you come in!
Omaze was recently named one of “The World’s 50 Most Innovative Companies” by Fast Company.
Who We Are Seeking:
We are looking for a skilled mix-method UX Researcher to join our Insights team at Omaze! You will work closely with our Design, Product and Marketing teams to uncover insights and opportunities to inform how we shape the future of charitable giving.
You are someone who is passionate about uncovering the needs and emotions that drive human behavior. You are able to bring customers to life during the product development process, such that both technical and non technical audiences become advocates for customer needs. And you are comfortable advocating for the customer to stakeholders at all levels (Analyst to CEO).
You always strive to improve yourself and those around you, and you value diverse perspectives and foster an inclusive space where everyone feels safe voicing their opinion. You believe everyone has something to contribute and enjoy working on a team.
- Work collaboratively with Product, Product Design and Marketing to prioritize research opportunities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Distill complex business and technical requirements into research plans, analysis and recommendations.
- Independently design, conduct and share insights from user research projects, including usability testing, concept/prototype testing, in-depth interviews, focus groups and surveys.
- Develop and use a framework to monitor changes to behavior, customer needs, pain points and perceptions of the product experience.
- Work with Product to develop hypotheses and learning agendas for A/B testing, and pair qualitative feedback with split test results to understand the “why” and course correct design solutions.
- Champion customer validation with stakeholders - so that every new feature, product or other change to the customer experience is validated with customers so that it can be course corrected/optimized before it is launched.
- Share presentations and written reports that are compelling and feature clear concise findings, and relevant recommendations that can be actioned upon by stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience in a variety of product spaces, applied research or academic settings (working on different types of projects). There’s no magic number, but about 4 years of professional experience in User Experience Research
- Skilled at translating complex topics and research findings into simple, actionable insights
- Experience building trust with senior leaders and moving teams to take action
- Strong stakeholder management, as well as proficiency in communicating research findings to a diverse set of stakeholders to drive understanding and impact
- Able to manage multiple projects at once without sacrificing quality or losing detail orientation
- Experience with a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods, and a strong understanding of when and how to use what research during the product development process
- Knowledge of and/or aptitude for learning how to use tools like Usertesting, Optimal Workshop and Qualtrics.
- Proactive, takes ownership and is confident working independently
- A continuous hunger for learning and sharing knowledge
- Enjoy trying and learning new things – not afraid to learn through failing
- Passionate about voicing your opinions and humble in receiving feedback
- Champion of collaboration and team building
- Comfortable with change and ambiguity
What It’s Like To Work At Omaze:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- We take our work seriously, but not ourselves. We enjoy each other and have fun!
- Our office is dog-friendly (but for now we enjoy our furry friends over video calls).
- Work/life balance
- Smart, compassionate people dedicated to our mission to Dream the World Better
- We value different perspectives and backgrounds and prioritize hearing a wide range of points of view
- We're committed to putting the health of our employees first during the pandemic and have worked hard to make the transition to work-from-home smooth – with a stipend for office setup, continuation of company events (virtual), weekly guided meditation sessions, and more