Lead Product Designer
At THE ICONIC our mission is to deliver seamless and inspiring experiences for our customers and our people. We DREAM BIG through collaboration and innovation and are supported to bring incredible ideas to life. We are a group of people believing in making a positive difference in this world and liberating our customers through the power of fashion and sports.
At THE ICONIC, innovation drives us; we believe that innovation should not be sitting in a siloed team but rather be part of everyone and everything we do & deliver. Every person in tech has a voice and we find that our best products are achieved through collaboration.
We have over 120 people in tech, not to mention 45 nationalities (and counting!) This means that our skills and experience is diverse, allowing for greater collaboration and constant learning. All of our teams are cross-functional, mission-driven and able to iterate from inception to production (DevOps mentality) without being blocked or having to ask permission from other teams. We love to move fast and validate learning using data (lucky for us our Data Science & Analytics team is also world-class!)
The Product UX team
THE ICONIC’S Product UX Design team are the voice of the customer and work with an understanding of customer needs to identify new opportunities, solve problems, inspire new products, and design seamless and inspiring experiences across web, mobile, B2B platforms and internal systems. Product Designers work as part of cross-functional, mission-driven agile teams and define the experience from inception to production. We come together regularly as a Product UX team to collaborate, support each other, and challenge and learn from one another.
What does success look like in this role?
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the confluence of retail and technology. Reporting to the UX Manager, the Product Design Lead will plan, define and deliver across the entire design process to create engaging and effective experiences.
- You lead by defining and driving design strategy and plans in consultation with stakeholders to help negotiate project needs, expectations, and define the right brief.
- You are a customer advocate with a focus on human-centered design thinking. You frame the right problems to solve for, and define customer outcomes, while balancing customer needs with business goals to drive product innovation and growth.
- You use your eCommerce expertise to refine the experience and share your knowledge of best practice interaction design, eCommerce patterns, trends, and metrics.
- You identify opportunities for engagement and growth across the experience building customer relationships and loyalty.
- You enjoy working as part of an agile team helping to navigate ambiguity, and set clear direction to drive product and marketing innovation.
- You are called on for your effective facilitation, communication and storytelling.
- You’re a relationship builder and know how to lead through influence and negotiate with your key stakeholders.
- You demonstrate exemplary communication standards that take into account situation, audience, and tone with colleagues, senior stakeholders and executives.
- You take a leading role in contributing to our design culture, mentoring peers, and improving practice and innovation outside of projects.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for someone with experience as a senior UX designer or design lead who:
- Can support the mission of an agile cross-functional team working closely alongside the Product Owner and Marketing stakeholders
- Maintains a customer-centric approach in how to conceptualise and deliver solutions uncovering and translating customer needs into product strategy and UX concepts and models such as site maps, wireframes, prototypes and UX requirements
- Has proficiency designing and prototyping with design tools (e.g. Sketch, Figma, Invision) for responsive sites, Android and iOS Apps and can coach others to refine their craft
- Can design and conduct research and testing with customers across the development lifecycle to validate designs and product experiments sharing findings, and creating design tools, recommendations, and product iterations
- Can inform what baseline measures we set and track to monitor impact
- Can lead and facilitate design and co-creation workshops and sprints
- Can use and contribute to the design system
- Will support other projects where needed.
- Education or training in Interaction Design, User Experience, Design, Visual Communication, Industrial Design, or related field, or work experience.
Experience with the following a plus
- In-house experience is a bonus.
- Interest or experience in designing, building and maintaining a design system.
Location and Key Extras
This role is based in Sydney CBD with great transport, shopping and food districts all within close distance to Hyde Park for those who enjoy lunchtime exercise or just some fresh air! We also offer a number of extras including flexible working arrangements, generous employee discounts, birthday leave and loads of learning opportunities and support.
Health and Wellbeing is extremely important to THE ICONIC, so interviewing and onboarding for this role will be conducted virtually due to COVID-19 and this role will temporarily work from home until further notice.