Senior UI/UX Designer
Do you speak UI? If asking „why“ is among your daily habits, if you love taking ownership of the design, if you think out of the box and stand behind your ideas, if you want to create world-class interfaces, then we might speak the same language!
Nortal User Experience team is looking for an experienced UI/UX Designer to take on a crucial role in various projects within a team that works across Nortal’s 8 home markets in Europe, North America and the Middle-East. You will drive new initiatives in R&D projects and lead workshops with different stakeholders to translate business requirements into user-friendly interfaces.
Our team strives for always being ahead of the curve and never settling for mediocracy. We take pride in our work and constantly develop ourselves through various conferences and hackathons. Have a look at some examples of our projects in Nortal User Experience team portfolio.
You will be:
- designing user-centric and modern interfaces and UI elements;
- responsible for executing projects from an idea to the prototype phase and finally to a market-ready UI;
- working closely with customers to gain insight and understanding into the business and workflows;
- analyzing customer requirements and communicating them efficiently and clearly to the development teams;
- leading workshops and presenting design ideas to different stakeholders, e.g. your team, customers, developers, project managers.
This is the job for you, if you have:
- at least 4 years of UI/UX design experience backed with a strong portfolio in self-service products design;
- strong consultative approach to working alongside teammates and clients;
- experience with design tools like Figma, Illustrator, Photoshop;
- excellent presentation and communication skills in English.
Nice to have:
- experience in writing blogs, public speaking or participating in hackathons;
- understanding of modern web technologies (HTML5, CSS, Angular/React);
- German language skills.
- We hire people not only for their skills but also for cultural fit. We value teamwork, openness & honesty, constant improvement and meaningful impact. Besides our professionalism we like to spice things up with good humor!
- We care about your growth & development. NUX (Nortal User Experience) team prioritizes constant improvement, takes part in hackathons and organizes workshops for knowledge sharing. We have internal career coaches and strong 1:1 culture.
- We prioritize your health & well-being by providing flexible package for health insurance, sports or massage services. We also have the winter swimming club for the boldest ones!
- We support your work-life balance and provide flexible working hours.
We like to say that Nortal is a right-sized company – big enough to do serious projects & have a serious impact, and small enough to care. At Nortal you can still feel the significance & impact of one person. You can also know all (or at least most) of your colleagues. You’re able to execute your ideas in reasonable time frame. And regarding your further career perspective - what you do & learn here are relevant and usable both in smaller and bigger companies. Last but not least, Nortal is owned by its employees, meaning lots of common sense, not too many rules and substance being much more important than titles or positions or looking important.