Lead UX Researcher
About Lyra Health
Lyra is transforming mental health care through technology with a human touch to help people feel emotionally healthy at work and at home. We work with industry leaders, such as Morgan Stanley, Genentech, uber, Amgen, and other Fortune 500 companies, to improve access to effective, high-quality mental health care for their employees and their families. With our innovative digital care platform and elite provider network, 2 million people can receive the best care and feel better, faster. Founded by David Ebersman, former CFO of Facebook and Genentech, Lyra has raised more than $480 million.
About the Role
Lyra Health is looking for a Lead UX Researcher to help craft solutions across every step of the mental health journey. As a UX Researcher at Lyra, you’ll shape the research culture and process from the ground up while owning both high level strategy and tactical execution (switching between the two as needed). In this role, you’ll leverage insights to inform the strategy and roadmap behind 0-to-1 initiatives, build consensus with large cross functional teams, and shape the design and product ecosystem for millions of users.
- Discover, synthesize, and socialize impactful insights to shape product strategy and drive business impact (short term and long term)
- Guide cross-functional teams to draw meaningful insights from research and communicate them clearly and powerfully to partners
- Design and execute a variety of research studies, including field studies, usability tests, concept tests, group discussions, etc.
- Scope, prioritize and create a research roadmap
- Partner closely with marketing and analytics to develop a deeper understanding of our customers and surface opportunities to product leadership to inform the roadmap
- Improve existing systems, processes and programs that optimize the research team efficacy
- Act as a research thought leader and advocate for our users
- Manage and grow a small but mighty research team from culture to processes and beyond
- 5+ years of experience in user research related to software and digital experiences
- 2+ years of experience of driving research and product roadmaps setting the direction for the team to execute
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability to define key research questions and objectives, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Passion for translating findings into actionable business and product recommendations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record of successful partnership with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problems in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Experience in scaling research practices across an organization that enables others to conduct their own research
- Experience either mentoring or managing a team
- Portfolio of research focused work samples for web and mobile applications
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field is preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.