Second Front Systems
ABOUT YOUR UX RESEARCHER ROLE
We’re building brand new software for a variety of national security uses and it all starts with design. The success of our new platforms hinge on a functional, easy to use interface that is rich with data. The quality and format of our data is crucial for our Department of Defense customers, who need accurate, timely, and relevant information to make critical decisions about technology acquisition. Your work researching, experimenting, and delivering feedback will be critical to improve the experience for the people who use our products.You will be a part of a small team of designers, engineers, and product managers to build and deliver insights to deliver a best in class experience of our data-driven web application for our Department of Defense customers.
- Work closely with product teams and fellow researchers to identify research needs
- Become a true advocate for the people who use our products
- Resolve conflicting end-user requirements
- Partner with designers and the product team to solve challenges impacting the product experienceLeverage data and insights in unique ways to explain your insights
- Plan and coordinate research activities in concert with product development
- Define user task flows and interaction modelsEmbrace an agile and iterative approach to projectsFacilitate UX/UI Design Workshops
- Substantial organizational, motivated, empathetic, user driven skills
- Embraces innovation and demonstrates entrepreneurial mindset and attitude Vigorously motivates, navigates and maintains positive and authentic relations with Second Front’s executive, growth, research and product teams
- Impeccable and deliberate oral and written communication, and presentation skillsStrong business acumen, extremely resourceful and rigorously takes initiative
- Comprehensively understands, and tenaciously drives for, impactful results
- Ability to work with multiple individuals and collaborateInfluences with integrity and optimism and has a coachable and competitive spirit
- Desire to ignite positive customer engagements and experiencesStrong critical thinking to determine best path forward
- BA in graphic design or related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years previous experience with UX research to include digital experiences
- Relevant experience (to include a portfolio) conducting user research including qualitative interviews, usability studies, field research, diary studies, and surveys
- Excellent communication, documentation and presentation skills
- High energy, resourcefulness and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledgeable in wire-framing tools, storyboards, user flows, and user personas using Sketch and Axure
- Masters or above in Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Experimental psychology or equivalent experience
- Experience working with Material Design
- Full cycle design experience, building platforms from the ground up
ABOUT SECOND FRONT SYSTEMS
Second Front Systems (2F) is a public benefit, venture-backed software company that equips defense and national security professionals for long-term, continuous competition for access to emerging technologies. Our products help speed, simplify and strengthen the acquisition process by collecting and tailoring relevant company and technology data, reducing cyber and foreign influence risk, and streamlining cybersecurity and compliance accreditation.
Founded by two former Marines with firsthand experience of the dangers outdated technology poses in combat, our team is dedicated to fast-tracking government access to disruptive, commercially-proven technology for U.S. national security missions. We serve as a trusted advisor in the defense and national security sector by empowering the federal government to move at the speed of relevance without sacrificing security and to achieve a strategic advantage.
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, as well as having a bi-coastal and international presence, our distributed team spans across the world. We’re excited to welcome and bring on a variety of professionals looking to operate on the front lines of technological innovation. Visit our careers page to learn more about opportunities at Second Front Systems.