Senior UX Researcher
Simply Business is more than our name. It's how we approach insurance: Make it clear. Make it simple. Make it affordable. By combining exceptional talent, technology, data, and knowledge, Simply Business is the go-to online insurance brokerage that protects small businesses and the entrepreneurs who work hard to build them.
We want team members who have the drive to challenge boundaries. If you’re smart and passionate about delivering brilliant customer experiences, we’d love to hear from you.
The Customer Experience team is a global team (UK & US) responsible for designing simple, smart experiences that enable our customers to achieve their goals.
The user research function sits under the umbrella of the wider CX team alongside product design, customer insight and behavioural science. Our mission is to drive customer-centric decisions, aligned with business priorities and product vision, through expertly designed, executed and analysed user research and experimentation.
We’re looking for a Senior UX Researcher to join the team and help us redefine how insurance works for the entrepreneurs and small business owners who are the lifeblood of the US economy.
As a Senior UX Researcher, you will:
- Have full ownership of user research - plan, conduct, communicate - using appropriate methodologies in an iterative, agile business environment
- Collaborate with a cross-functional product team as an embedded user researcher, driving the design of useful, usable, accessible, and desirable products and user experiences
- Collaborate with business teams (for example, insurance product), bringing the customer’s needs and problems to the front of strategy and decision-making
- Communicate findings and recommendations clearly to key stakeholders and the broader business, balancing user and business needs
- Focus on the US customer and user journey, and occasionally support the UK team’s work
What we are looking for:
- Ability to demonstrate multiple examples of how you have led research which has lead to positive customer and business outcomes
- You do advocate for ‘customer-driven development’ - co-creating with customers and having the humility to work with them to identify the most important problems and develop solutions with them
- Your regularly contribution to the design and execution of other experiments in the product team (for example, A/B tests)
- Your ability to balance big-picture concerns with day-to-day activities, equipping the business to address change and tackle new challenges
- Your ability to promote user research and best practices in product development by educating others about methods and identifying opportunities for further research
- Someone that cares about inclusivity and accessibility in design and research
What are the benefits?
Here are some of the great benefits and perks that come from being a Simply Business employee:
• A salary that reflects your experience, our pay policy, and the market we’re in from your first day
• Group plan for medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Short term disability, long term disability, and life insurance coverage
• Participation in the Company’s bonus program
• Participation in 401(k) plan with a 3% employer match
• Commuter benefits to help cut down on commuting costs
• 25 days of vacation time plus 10 company holidays
• Flexible working hours and working from home
• Annual company trip, regular outings, and volunteer opportunities
• An awesome WeWork office with cold brew coffee and other beverages on tap, local pop-up events, and more
Simply Business is an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to welcoming and helping to grow employees within an inclusive & diverse culture. And that commitment starts with our interview process.
Once you apply, your info will be reviewed in a committee with employees from different levels, teams, and experiences. We pride ourselves on fostering a sense of community, which is only made stronger by each individual at SB, so you'll have the opportunity to meet a variety of people throughout the process. Get excited!
Want more info on working at Simply Business? Check out our careers page: https://www.simplybusiness.com/careers/
A brief update on Covid-19 (coronavirus)
Simply Business is well prepared to deal with unprecedented events. We’re an agile business by nature – and our hiring and interview process is no exception. Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, some parts of our hiring process may take a little longer than usual. Please bear with us, and rest assured that we're happy to hear from you and receive your application.
If it looks like you could be a good fit for the role, we’ll ask you to interview on Zoom – you’ll need WiFi and a laptop, or a 4G-enabled smartphone. If you don’t have access to either of these, or you need support with your application, get in touch with us at email@example.com. Similarly, please email us if you’re not well, you’re self-isolating, or if you want to pause your application for a bit – we’ll be happy to keep you updated on future opportunities like the one below.